• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free phpBB hosting script?

I think that was misunderstood - your files are your property. If any type of host limits this it's basically code theft. There should not be any instance where a client cannot access thier own product.

There are plenty of script kiddies out there too but unless the host is open to abuse then it won't be a problem.

Psan said:
What happened to people coding your own script? Are there any hosts anymore that code everything themself?

I was wondering the same thing. You should only become a host when you know how to program or can afford to pay someone to do the programming for you. When you do hosting, you always need scripts to do a particular thing.

We do a load of our own, but you have to draw a line as to when it becomes just for an occassional user, which is not economically viable. The bulk of your clients as a host have to take priority.

If you can do any extra in free time then great, but with all the associated tasks involved in hosting it has to be balanced.

Many tasks are now automated for hosted clients, using CPanel & Fantastico for example, to take it one step further and take away the need for them to 'click a button' is just wasted time.

We always state too that if someone needs help we will but the amount of requests are still in single figures.

I agree that hosts should have the skills required (which are quite substantial and varied), but like everything these days it's being driven by cash flow rather than quality of service which is a really bad thing, and we do not subscribe to that (we would rather sacrifice some money than a client).

It's a big subject and the jury's still out on the best way.

use any cpanel to get it. or either there is a thread which recommend you to have a phpbb developing board. and follow the instruction.

phpBB hosting script...hmm... I might want to make this for you because I believe in the 'free' industry....

P.S. wait...I can make money making PHP scripts o_O?

Back