• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free shell account with ~50MB d.quota w/ outbound ftp?

BiteTheBugByte

hm, I´ve searched around, came across such services as hobbiton.org and freeshell.org but they are either closed or not really free anymore unless you donate money or something similar to that.

I know there are still many free hosts out there that offer a limited shell account, e.g. for telnet/ssh access.

Tried hostonfly.com but they deny outbound ftp connections, also they are not "free" anymore. Also tried host.sk which seems to be quite cool but they mostly slow as hell and have a file size limit.

Any ideas?

what do you expect from host.sk? you should be grateful that they're still there, because (I think) its the last telnet free host existant.

hey, can´t you just reply something constructive?

If you don´t have any helpful info that´s okay but stop making counterquestions. If you think that you have to get personal feel free to contact me via pm or mail ...

Originally posted by BiteTheBugByte
hey, can´t you just reply something constructive?

If you don´t have any helpful info that´s okay but stop making counterquestions. If you think that you have to get personal feel free to contact me via pm or mail ...
ok ok. I think host.sk is the last host existant, they offer lots of features. No ads and fast doesn't go together... your best bet would be paid hosting.

I´m already with paid hosting, anyhoo, this is getting chaotic, I´ve crossposted the answer to the other thread.
btw crossposting is not allowed in this forum.

Originally posted by trenzterra
btw crossposting is not allowed in this forum.

erm, dude, I hope this was ironic, maybe you should realize that you´ve started to crosspost at all but just me apologizing. Also, I´m not new to this forum and I did read the rules, for real. Everything okay?

Also tried host.sk which seems to be quite cool but they mostly slow as hell and have a file size limit.

Any ideas?

uh.... does host.sk have a file size limit? I don't think so. If there is , at least I was able to upload file size of 10mb..

Originally posted by andytandoc
10mb is the file size limit

I am not trying to argue with you. But where did you find out that 10mb is the limit? Does it say on their homepage?

erm, dude, I hope this was ironic, maybe you should realize that you´ve started to crosspost at all but just me apologizing. Also, I´m not new to this forum and I did read the rules, for real. Everything okay?
What is your definition of cross posting? We're not limited to one forum. Crossposting is posting threads with the same subject across multiple forums

I'm okay, I'm not trying to argue with you.

Back