• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free subdomain with dns here.. enjoy!

ExpertWebHost

here is what we always wanted.. a domain or free subdomain with DNS..

i think this is the best one & 100% free..

go here => http://freedns.afraid.org

baggy..

Feature List:

* Free subdomain AND domain AND backup DNS hosting.
* 5 free use-anywhere shared hostnames.
* Addition of your personal domain supported (you will be allocated 20 hostnames per domain you add to the system).
* INSTANTLY point yourname.afraid.org or yourname.com to any IP or URL on the Internet. Our high performance network and highly optimized FreeDNS application allow for instantaneous updates.
* Supports every TLD on the Internet.
* Currently 17,344 other domains besides afraid.org for you to choose from.
* No advertising, currently service is being supported by the donations from it's users, which go directly to server ISP costs (Thank you).
* Robust Support for CNAME, A, AAAA, MX, NS, TXT, LOC, RP, HINFO, SRV records.
* Run nameservers using your own domain, with the new Nameserver Branding service.
* Round robin DNS supported (Multiple IP addresses for 1 hostname).
* IPv6 forward AND reverse (both .int and .arpa) supported.
* Dynamic DNS supported, several clients for Win32 and UNIX available.
* Forward your host to any existing URL on the internet (even to a different port if your ISP blocks 80) with the Web Forward feature.
* URL cloaking supported so users never see the real URL of your site in the address bar. If you so choose.
* Support for multiple hosts within a single account, no need to juggle multiple passwords.
* If you change web hosts your afraid.org host can always stay the same.
* Simple, fast, flexible and reliable interface, feedback is encouraged.
* Works with your existing ISP/web site host.
* If your website provider goes down visitors will get a "timeout" error instead of a "site does not exist" error, e-mail will also remain queued for 5 days.
* Multiple afraid.org servers in different parts of the country for redundancy.
* If you put a domain in afraid.org, you can edit TTL, Minimum, Allow/Deny AXFR's, and approve/disapprove others from using hosts on your domain. You can also share your domain with the users of afraid.org, or your own web site visitors using our 'webclude' feature.
* What makes FreeDNS unique is that it's a free shared DNS hosting service, support for vanity dns hosts (example: i.knew.you.were.afraid.org) and there are now 17,344 other domains already using FreeDNS.
* Fast and easy setup process. Setup an account in less then 5 minutes.
* Extremely reliable, fast, and redundant hosting, and interface.
* All changes go live instantaneously. No wait time.

I used to have a few of my domains on there, however after a while I realized I didn't want to have my domains affiliated with some of the subdomains created on them.

It's a good concept, but not "policed" very well.

Back