• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free UO Server looking for host

Arvand

Ultima Online is a game that many play, on the official servers it costs about 10 dollars a month to play, but more and more free servers are starting up which are totally legal. We are a non-profit group seekign the same goal, We are in need of both host for the web space and for the shard (server). If your an owner of a server with a broadband connection, please consider this. We will put ur advertisements on our page. The host that we need for our site, is SSI and CGI for news engine and the navigation ( http://Santiago.hopto.org ) and PHP and MySQL for the message board. If an individual could just host our message board that would solve a lot of problems too.

Thank you for reading this, I know this is asking for way too much, but there may be ppl out there interested in this stuff with a spare PC left around in their network to host the shard. You can e-mail me at arvand_sabetian@hotmail.com

Arvand

i doubt it is possible to get a host that will host your games online... it just sucks up to much resources and transfer... the easiest way to set something up like that is rent/buy a dedicated server and have your own connection or send your server to rackshack or something and use theirs.... i doubt it is possible to get it free...

its not impossible but its hard. I know a friend who found an OC3 connection from an ISP, it was a computer lieing around so they hooked it up and put the thing on there. and this isnt one of those high bandwidth game servers, a DSL can easily carry between 20-30 players at a time

thanks a lot for ur response but i tried those guys, they dont offer CGI, Vbulletin uses CGI and but even PhpBB, since ive never configured a MySQL (unless someone would like to help me through ICQ) Its kinda hard for me to use them. :)

Originally posted by Arvand
thanks a lot for ur response but i tried those guys, they dont offer CGI, Vbulletin uses CGI and but even PhpBB, since ive never configured a MySQL (unless someone would like to help me through ICQ) Its kinda hard for me to use them. :)
vbulletin uses php and mysql not cgi

well the copy that i got used PHP and MySQL with some CGI files, and even with that when i ran the install.php file, i tried everything i could but it gave the stupid error

Originally posted by Arvand
well the copy that i got used PHP and MySQL with some CGI files, and even with that when i ran the install.php file, i tried everything i could but it gave the stupid error
the cgi files are not nesseary

thank you, i hope this solves the message board, we are still looking for a host tough if we are lucky enuf to find one

i hope u dont feel im abusing the forum, but i got a lot of help using this post but still no host, so i will bump it up :p

Back