• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Freehu.com Wtf Is Wrong W/ You Guys?

OriginXT

Stupid abusers, the server used to be quick as hell (4kb/s upload speed for a 56k user!) Now it's 0.02kb/s upload speed for me!!!

Jayson has appointed me to code the file manager, so gave me access to the mySQL database containing the CP data. But he has not been online in the last 3 days for me to ask him questions on what I am to do.

When I logon to phpmyadmin, and go to the users table, I see about 900 users. When I look at the files they have, I notice atleast 10 of them has multiple accounts, another 8 has 400mb movies in RAR files, and a few more with a name like "warezmaster" etc which I had no time to check. If Jayson gets online, I will ask him the permission to delete the illegal members. That would free up lots of BW.

Also, another problem for the host, THERE IS NO BW CALCULATOR!!! We can't tell how much BW you guys have used! If anyone knows how to calculate that in PHP, or in any language, please contact me (because I'm workin on the CP) or jayson.

Also, PLEASE DO NOT TELL OTHER PEOPLE THE TEXT!!! Thank you!

Again, ABUSERS, GET OFF THE SERVER!!!, and Jayson, GET ONLINE SO WE CAN TALK!!!

Thank you for your time.

I hope you guys get rid of the abusers. I wouldn't wish abusers on even my worst enemy.

I don't think jayson's gonna be angry that you deleted the abusers... Why don't you just delete them?

Originally posted by granddbz
Stupid abusers, the server used to be quick as hell (4kb/s upload speed for a 56k user!) Now it's 0.02kb/s upload speed for me!!!

Jayson has appointed me to code the file manager, so gave me access to the mySQL database containing the CP data. But he has not been online in the last 3 days for me to ask him questions on what I am to do.

When I logon to phpmyadmin, and go to the users table, I see about 900 users. When I look at the files they have, I notice atleast 10 of them has multiple accounts, another 8 has 400mb movies in RAR files, and a few more with a name like "warezmaster" etc which I had no time to check. If Jayson gets online, I will ask him the permission to delete the illegal members. That would free up lots of BW.

Also, another problem for the host, THERE IS NO BW CALCULATOR!!! We can't tell how much BW you guys have used! If anyone knows how to calculate that in PHP, or in any language, please contact me (because I'm workin on the CP) or jayson.

Also, PLEASE DO NOT TELL OTHER PEOPLE THE TEXT!!! Thank you!

Again, ABUSERS, GET OFF THE SERVER!!!, and Jayson, GET ONLINE SO WE CAN TALK!!!

Thank you for your time.
Yeh!
I know him he won't be angry if you delete abusers.I even know their forum names(abusers) .If you want i can tell you.I also told Jason before starting the host that don't make automated signups but he is very lazy.

Yeahh I love the server

Yeah abusers never think about other ppls, i hate them... i notice if i go to phpmyadmin i can see many database ? now MYSQL error:cry2:

ehh.. well i don't mine if the sever a little bit show , better then nothing. I( just wish that someone have to do something to stop abusers.. I want my website back :D
hehehh

I don't really think it's such a great idea to announce that they have no way of monitoring bandwidth usage on a public forum, you probally just got a lot more abusers sign up :rolleyes:

Actually what I really meant is that We have NO way of showing the USERS how much BW they have used, but since the admins have CPanel, they can monitor the members' bandwidth. So that is no problem.

I strongly suggest that Jayson should switch to manual account processing, and I will be the 1st one to volunteer to be the processor!

Of course, he never is online. I feel sad for Freehu.com... :(

Anyways, the problem is he told me NEVER to delete any members, or anything from the Database, and I promised (swore to god). So I need to get his permission.

We should have a thread asking if FREEHU.com should switch to manual account processing :)

And you know what would also be a good suggestion?

Have the members start off with 100mb (or 50mb) and 1gb BW and have them ask for more when they need it :) That ways, the space abused will be only 100mb (or 50mb) and 1gb BW

BTW 100/50 MB and 1gb is quite a lot for normal websites!

Another suggestion, stop users from signing up more than once. 2 ways: Cookies, and IP addresses. Which I can do, WHEN I GET JAYSON'S PERMISSION!!!

Cookies will work but a user could choose not to accept cookies from a site... So combining both cookies and IP logging will do better

Originally posted by granddbz
Cookies will work but a user could choose not to accept cookies from a site... So combining both cookies and IP logging will do better
They can be easily avoided :( .He must switch to manual signups.

I know, but combine that with manual signups, and also... email tracking... and definately, USERNAME TRACKING!!! Damn it! They still don't even have that! Username!

All the people that have intelligence knows that a Free Host with 500 Mb free... Isn´t "Forever", they ends really quick ...

NOW YOU KNOW WHY:D

Godspeed and good luck granddbz, and hey Faraz, haven't met you yet either. I'm M.J over at freehu, maintainer of forum and answerer of easy questions. :D

This latest prob is personal to me- I stayed up insanely late one night rebuilding the second forum, only to have it crash the next day, and now apparently mysql overload has claimed the third as well within a week. I've asked Jay to consider a flat-file forum in the future, but that's beside the point really- my real point here is to acquaint myself with ye fellow admins and suggest a more appropriate place for us (Jay included) to discuss our FreeHU-related issues. I think perhaps Jay's made all his instant chat aliases too available, so much so that he's bombarded with queries at sign-on, which is why he's been so hard to contact of late. Similarly his email is undoubtedly overflowing, so again, we need a place to convene.

I would suggest the newly-made hidden section of the FreeHU forum, but of course that's not working at the moment, so... what else? Does anyone have a permanent irc chan, or a forum of their own, or something that would be suitable? (If you do don't post it here obviously, PM)

huhhhh 3.06pm GMT +8 :-
I try to load up the www.freehu.com and my site, i keep sending me to this msn search :confused: and Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer :confused2

I am totaly confuse with all this, someone have idea wot happen? me just a booy boi who need good hosting :)

I really like freehu hosting. I think its great. But for the last two days, I can't log into phpMyAdmin. Even when opening freehu's homepage the MySQL errors show. I was able access it late late last night but when I did, a whole bunch of database that I didn't create was there. Everything in my database was deleted. Now when ever i try accessing MySQL database, an error pops up saying that it can't connect. It would be great if you guys can fix it up and put those abusers where they belong.

Last edited:
No offence but i really don't see why you people are discussing how to keep a webhost running that's not even yours :confused2

Just like realwebmasters, he invested in some server space, put up a cheap site template with half the pages unfinished, grabbed a few people to moderate his forum and one or two others to "look after" things (even though they don't have any control) then he never replys to peoples PM.s or emails, never appears online but just sits back and collects the money from the hundreds of people signing up to lucky surf, loopy lotto or whatever, untill it all goes down due to "abuse" (negligence would be a better term)

I think you're all being taken for a ride (again)

Back