• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ftp

Normally if you host in shared hosting the user name of the account may be the ftp user name, the password will be set by the host you are hosted with, you can use ftp for file uploading and downloading.

You need an ftp client like Filezilla to connect to a remote server, you have to use ftp user name and password with the host name to connect ( normally your full website address or servers ip) once it is connected you can just upload or download or change file permissions etc in the remote server files.

How many people does it take to say the same thing?
I doubt the OP will be coming back but here goes;
I would suggest pinging your domain name and just using your IP Address, or just use your domain name;

E.G.
ftp://freewebspace.net/

If you know your username you can use;
ftp://username@freewebspace.net/ (Req. Password)
OR
ftp://username:PaSsWoRd@freewebspace.net/ (Direct login)

All of which can be obtained without contacting the provider. If you don't know your login credentials, I suggest searching through your emails to find them, but generally they are the same credentials you use to login to your website's control panel.

Back