• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GAH! Can't find it...

tandoc

tandoc tandoc
NLC
I need help. Can someone point me to a website that has orthogonal drawings of electric kettles? preferrably really old ones.. and mab a few new ones. I've googled many different combinations of words.. nothing seems to work.

If possible, mab some isometric drawings too.. I can't find those either.. i have to get back to my 10 page science report :cry2:

First of all, what exactly is an electric kettle? I've googled it, but still haven't been able to find out exactly what it is. Do you cook in it, or... ??

:confused:

kettle

a kettle is a receptacle for boiling water. It has a spout, a plug and a lid. Some people boil eggs in it. However, there are also ketle drums and these are used in calypso music

lol

just finishing off emails and beddie byes. It is after 2.00am in england.

Believe me, when you are a poor student lol. There are many thinks you can cook in a kettle. Eggs are one of the easiest. They just boil. Also, the residue from the shells tend to keep limescale at a minimum. Ah for those student days.....making soup out of potatoes and lentils because we had no money for meals lol. Happy happy happy days.

Meg

good night :D

Originally posted by byrdgirl13
eggs? how does that work? :confused2 wouldn't they get stuck thanks to the lovely spout?

you don't pour the eggs out.. u take them out

ask jan

I suggest you ask jan lol. She is an expert in eggs :D and is much more conversant with spouts than i am lol. hum jan lol

Go to bed Meg :p

Unless you want to help tandoc with his original query? :biggrin2:

well yes, there's that kind of kettle, though I tend to call those "pots" :) But I wouldn't call this other a kettle, I call it a water kettle. Actually, we have one, and we hardly ever call it a kettle at all - we just talk about the water - like "will you turn on the water."

and Meg, soft water helps the lime deposits too ... in our old water kettle, we had like 1-inch thick of lime deposits in the bottom!! (well, maybe not quite that much...) and it all started breaking up, rattling around, and falling out once we got a water softener. It was pretty disgusting.

yes.. back on the orignal topic.. an easier question.. does ne1 here know what an orthogonal or isometric drawing is?

If memory serves correct, you cannot purchase an electric kettle in the US of A. Only the kind you heat over a stove element. Strange...

And, I know what an isometric drawing is. Orthogonal? No.

an orthogonal drawing is drawing every face of an object.. 6 basically.. front, left, right, back, top and bottom views.. all in 2d

Originally posted by Canuckkev
If memory serves correct, you cannot purchase an electric kettle in the US of A. Only the kind you heat over a stove element. Strange...

Uh... why the ---- not, it's also weird that you people don't know what one is, I didn't even realise people still used stovetop kettles.

i still use a stovetop kettle.. u callin me pov? :D

i also no a guy in my VisComm class who uses a saucepan for tea and stuff

Back