• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Galaxy-Solutions.net - Fraud / Scam / Extort Money / Blackmail - Do not go near them

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaceHost-Ishan

I have been with Galaxy-Solutions.net (GS) for a long time. At first, they were really good, especially Richard Anderson. So, coming to the real story -

I got a new server with them in April -
AMD Dual Core 5600+
2 GB RAM
250x2 HDD
2000 GB on 100mbit shared
5 IPs
cPanel/WHM + Fantastico
Free Remote Reboot port
Free MRTG

for $124.99/month

At that time I had a server with Burst & BurstNET do 50/50 on Bandwidth , 50% in & 50% out, so I asked how bandwidth is measured at GS.
They told me - 2000 GB in & 2000 GB out,

Server was setup with 3 days & all was pretty good.

SCAM/FRAUD #1 & #2 =
I NEVER got the Remote Reboot port & the MRTG stats , & in August (5 months later) I was told that it had been canceled, & they will not provide it as it was insecure.

In the meantime I was told
"We will have it ready in a few days," or "I am looking into this now" etc.

I then order 2 GB RAM & paid for it immediately. It took them 3 days & 11 hours to add an URGENT 2 GB RAM.

All this was still not a problem for me, I am an understanding client & I know problems & delays happen.

So, I went ahead & got another server with them -

AMD Dual Core 5200+
2 GB RAM
250 x 1 HDD
2500 GB on 100 mbit
5 IPs
cPanel/WHM + Fantastico
for $129/month ($4 more than earlier server with 500 GB more bandwidth & 1 HDD less)

Now, the problems started .
1.) It was setup in 6 days & I was given wrong IPs on the day it was setup, another day gone.
2.) I was given an invalid Fantastico License , so I had no Fantastico for 2-3 days after I got the server. Not much of a problem though.

3.) GS use R&D technology's facility in MarquisNET DC. One day the 2nd server went down. I submitted a reboot request, & it took them an Unbelievable 9 HOURS to reboot the server. They have one employee on FWS forums, so I contacted him via PM as the server was not rebooted in 3 hours. This guy read my PM & still did nothing to reboot the server. Finally the server was rebooted 3 1/2 hours after their employee read my PM.

4.) In between this 9 hour downtime, there was a cable cut in Las Vegas affecting all servers for about 45 minutes. There was no announcement about this by GS , I had to CALL up MarquisNET (I am in India) to know about the problem.
GS told me that
there was no need of announcing the fiber cut/downtime caused after it was resolved
I was promised a compensation for the 9 hour downtime, but it was NEVER provided.

5.) My remote reboot ticket was closed on 1st of August (opened on 17th April), On 17th April I had been told that I would get it in 48 hours & on 1st August , I was told
"We are no longer offering remote reboot. This will be removed from our site in the near future."

6.) I ordered & paid for another 2 GB RAM addition , & it took them 3 days to add it.

All this was FINE (Any person would have been angry with this kind of service, but I was still patient), until the shocking incident that happened on 1st September.

GS sent me a $145 invoice saying that I had exceeded my bandwidth limits.
I have no access to MRTG stats & my WHM showed only 900 GB usage. I know WHM is only Outgoing Bandwidth & is not always correct. Still, according to them I used
1.42 TB out & 1.64 TB in

If you go up & see my server config , it came with 2500 GB bandwidth, & if you go further Up , you will see how bandwidth is charged at GS. So, I should be getting 2500 GB in & 2500 GB out, & I am well within my bandwidth Limits.

GS Claim that they have changed how bandwidth is billed & say it is 2500 GB total now.

1.) I was never informed about this change.
2.) I was not told about this while ordering the server. The server config said it had 2500 GB Bandwidth, same as my first server had said 2000 GB bandwidth.
3.) I was never provided with login to MRTG to see my bandwidth usage.
4.) I was shown an image with my bandwidth stats, which did not even have my hostname / server name , nothing.

If I had been told 2500 GB total bandwidth, I would never have ordered it, as it does not fit my pricing scheme.

GS then said that I should have DREAMED about the change in their policy of calculating bandwidth.

Obviously I did not pay the invoice, & they shut down that server.

Then they shut down my other 2 services with them (which were paid for till the 2nd October & 15th September, respectively)

Now, they are threatening me by saying -
"we will use every resource available to collect on the past due fees. We will also be reporting your name, website, IPs, and email(s) connected to the account to fraud detection agencies we work with as well as collection agencies. "
"we are considering posting threads on web hosting forums offering your clients direct access to their data.The forums being considered are webhostingtalk, frewebspace.net, and digitalpoint among others."

Do you think GS is correct ? Or is it a company to stay away from ?

I would never go within a mile of them & I would tell my experience to each of their probable clients that I meet.

Looking forward to what you guys have to say about this,

Ishan

Richard Anderson left GS I believe, ages ago.

I wouldn't use GS ever, I just dont trust them.

Last edited:
Well i think your overreacting about some of the things you mention.
Taking 3 days to add ram is not uncommon, infact, it seems to be the average.

Support tickets not being answered for 9 hours is again a rather normal thing. Especially with you being in India, your likely to submit some tickets during the middle of the night.

Anyway, as you said, they arent huge issues.

The Bandwidth issue: looks like you made the mistake to me.
You made the mistake of assuming that because your previous server was purchased as 2000/2000, that the advertised current servers @2500 were 2500/2500.
If it was this way when you signed up and they didnt change it on you after, then IMO they did nothing wrong.

So, because of your mistake, you then refused to pay. As a result, they turned off the server, and rightly so.

However, IMO they shouldnt close down your other servers till the end of the billing period either, only the unpaid one. Seems a bit like a childish act to me, but then again, check their TOS, perhaps they mention this fact in there somewhere.

The other 3 things (wrong Ips, invalid fantastico and forgetting the remote reboot) altho arent a hude deal, these small things add up.
The stupidest thing about the whole deal here is even after you had all the problems with them and your first server, you STILL ordered a second one...

"we are considering posting threads on web hosting forums offering your clients direct access to their data.The forums being considered are webhostingtalk, frewebspace.net, and digitalpoint among others."
Not sure if thats exactly legal, but as long as they arent selling the data back to them, i dont think anyone will mind too much.

Im just a 3rd party coming along reading what you have to say. I know your not going to like what im saying, but you did ask for opinions.

My opinion based on the information you provided sofar here is that they made mistakes, and so did you. But whatever, we are all human right? We all make mistakes.

Sorry to have to say this, but to me it seems the biggest mistake wich caused your server to be turned off, and caused you to make this thread, was your own.

However i think they need a kick in the --- for switching off the other 2 servers already :/

Well, I'm not going to go pointing fingers here, but if you are really mad, you can add a review to their reviews page to start - http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/GalaxySolutionsLLC.html

But I was just reading their 'Why Us' page and it's quite interesting, because there's 4 listed points, two of which are invalid in this case.

True 24/7 Support
Galaxy Solutions employs staff around the clock to provide true 24 hour support to our clients. We have support personnel on three continents to ensure we can provide real time support day and night. Go ahead and test out our support

Many companys say they offer 24 hour support, by you may be let down if you need help at night or other non-peak time.

It would appear that you didn't quite receive this.

Your Details are Secure
At Galaxy Solutions we have our own SSL certificate and we provide encryption when ordering or managing your order to make sure your personal information stays safe. Galaxy Solutions LLC will never sell or share your information with anyone.

Do other companys you are looking at offer this kind of protection?

From where I'm sitting, it appears they are going to be leaking your information onto forums, how does that mean your details are secure?

Best of luck with finding your new provider.

The Bandwidth issue: looks like you made the mistake to me.
You made the mistake of assuming that because your previous server was purchased as 2000/2000, that the advertised current servers @2500 were 2500/2500.
If it was this way when you signed up and they didnt change it on you after, then IMO they did nothing wrong.

So, because of your mistake, you then refused to pay. As a result, they turned off the server, and rightly so.

I think you have misunderstood this.

Try reading it again:-
At that time I had a server with Burst & BurstNET do 50/50 on Bandwidth , 50% in & 50% out, so I asked how bandwidth is measured at GS.
They told me - 2000 GB in & 2000 GB out,

That was his FIRST server. One where he specifically asked them about that.
His second server was purchased at a later date, after they had changed their policy.

If they have changed their policies, they should have notified all their clients and not kept quiet about it. Or was it wrong information given during pre-sales for the first server? :confused:

If they have changed their policies, they should have notified all their clients and not kept quiet about it. Or was it wrong information given during pre-sales for the first server? :confused:

Exactly. They never told me about the change. They say, I should have Dreamed about it.

If they changed your FIRST server, then yes, they most DEFINETLY should have notified you.

However if they changed their PLANS and then you came along and just bought a standard plan from the website via the signup script, then they are not responsible. Especially if the TOS states its total BW.

Even if you delt with a rep, again they have hundreds of clients, and a rep cant be expected to look into your old account and make sure that one detail is exactly the same.

However if they changed their PLANS and then you came along and just bought a standard plan from the website via the signup script, then they are not responsible. Especially if the TOS states its total BW.

The TOS has been changed now, to explain the total BW part.

Till now it only said Excess Bandwidth would be charged at 50c per GB.

Proof can be shown of this, if required.

You dont have to prove nothing to me man. However proof can be easily falsafied, just as they can easily change their TOS today.

Dont get me wrong, im not taking sides.
I have no evidence either way and no motivation to stick up for them or you.
You wanted opinions, and based on the information provided in your original post i gave you mine.

I've known Ishan as one of the old members of Water Seven way back our good old days. He had a free reseller account with us before, but as a result of Fine Traders Group decision to abolish all free reseller accounts in our server, he had to left Water Seven and make it on his own.

I believe that what greatly influenced him in choosing Galaxy Solutions is that Water Seven was utilizing Galaxy Solutions service that time and he already knew based on Water Seven's performance that Galaxy Solutions was indeed providing an excellent service. There's no denial, Galaxy Solutions has provided Water Seven a superb service at a very reasonable price for the first 9 to 10 months. Unfortunately, it was all in the past.

Water Seven have made a quick decision few months ago to leave the now lukewarm services of the company, totally abandoning the server that was yet paid for almost one month. And I do feel the sympathy on Ishan in that he has to suffer even more frustrations and loss before he was able to decide to finally leave the worsening situation.

Ishan,

On the 10th you agreed to pay Galaxy Solutions the outstanding invoice. Despite the fact that the server was switched back on on the promise of this payment and your failures to pay and respond to the ticket, you went ahead and posted at Digital Point and now here.

This is the server you ordered from Galaxy Solutions:

AMD 5600 +
250 GB HDD
2 GB RAM (upgradeable to 8 GB RAM)
2500 GB Bandwidth
CentOS 5.2 (64 bit)
cPanel 11 + Fantastico

That was how you described the server you wanted when ordering.

So, maybe you should get the facts right and stop telling lies about a server provider who has been nothing but fair to you.

I will also state that when you signed up with Galaxy Solutions, you agreed to the Terms of Service. This is a legal binding and to break such an agreement can result in a legal battle.
To post ticket information is a violation of this agreement.

Regards,
Dan
Galaxy-Solutions LLC Support.

Last edited:
I have been trying to post a detailed reply, but due to FWS lagging it keeps timing out. Dan that is incorrect, our TOS says nothing about clients not being able to share details.

Ishan,

On the 10th you agreed to pay Galaxy Solutions the outstanding invoice. Despite the fact that the server was switched back on on the promise of this payment and your failures to pay and respond to the ticket, you went ahead and posted at Digital Point and now here.

This is the server you ordered from Galaxy Solutions:

AMD 5600 +
250 GB HDD
2 GB RAM (upgradeable to 8 GB RAM)
2500 GB Bandwidth
CentOS 5.2 (64 bit)
cPanel 11 + Fantastico

That was how you described the server you wanted when ordering.

So, maybe you should get the facts right and stop telling lies about a server provider who has been nothing but fair to you.

I will also state that when you signed up with Galaxy Solutions, you agreed to the Terms of Service. This is a legal binding and to break such an agreement can result in a legal battle.
To post ticket information is a violation of this agreement.

Regards,
Dan
Galaxy-Solutions LLC Support.

I have been trying to post a detailed reply, but due to FWS lagging it keeps timing out. Dan that is incorrect, our TOS says nothing about clients not being able to share details.

Good try at being scary. But I think that this was just a misunderstanding between the host and the OP. If the host was to update the TOS they are not legally responsible to notify all clients of the change as in most cases the TOS stats that they company reserves the right to update the TOS at any moment. Though it makes common sense to notify clients of any significant changes such as how bandwidth is calculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back