• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Geekrack.net - Utter Rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirujan

A friend who bought a server from Geekrack for his hosting site has now been left with no server at all, unless he pays Geekrack [Shequieta] $50 for getting the server online again.

This is because she had received complaints of phishing on the server, this had happened already about 3 days ago, and she asked us to pay $50 before she got the DC to put it back on, after some talks she decided fine she will put the server back on without any money from us, claiming she herself "paid $50".

The same things happened today, now when we try and speak with her, she just ignores us on msn.

This is complete and utter rubbish, at first we offered to pay $50, now she just blanks us, a friend of mine also ordered a server from them, its been over 5 days and nothings been set up, i also have a reseller which i am having problems with.

None of this is stated in their TOS, so then why should we be having to pay this $50. And before she tries to change the TOS I took screen shots of the whole thing 3 days ago.

I regret to say, that this web host has been one of the worst i have dealt with since a very long time.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I doubt she even paid $50, she has no proof she did, this might just be a little earner for her. Whatever it is, the support we get is utter rubbish.

Why isn't your friend posting instead of you? You are supposed to post your personal experience, not your friend's. What domain is hosted with them?

I'll get him to register up then, and post.

Rev-host.com

There are many websites hosted on this server.. not just that.

Hello there E-Clouds,

I am one of the friends "friend" sorry but I dont really approve of posting negative posts and so instead asked if Diri would. I have affliliated a few sales towards GR and tried to get a lot more business floating their way, ok they didnt ask me to but they "USED" to be a really reliable company. It seems that as soon as you hand over that money you get minimal support, or at least you dont get any action taken from support.

Speaking with their own staff they also share the same views, it seems the Shequita is the only person that can do anything and we are waiting days for a simple thing to be completed even though it was stated in my order details for a start.

I had utter respect for Shequita but it turned out too good to be true, seems they gone right down hill, you earn them some money and ya get a kick in the teeth.

So currently i have an unusable server "66.197.160.229" and my friend also has a server shutdown due to phishing "rev-host.com"...

I am not bashing GR i am just making people aware of the lack of active support about from them... And as for charegin $50 that's utter "codswallop" especially when it aint in their TOS, yes 6 of us have screenshots etc!

I totally understand buddy, i aint someone to come on here bashing companies i just want GR to understand this, and yes we have contacted them via other methods but still we get no reply... this is the last resort!

go read burst.net's service agreement...

2.6 Penalties and Extra Fees. Client agrees to pay BurstNET™ US$30.00, per occurrence, for bounced checks. Client agrees to pay BurstNET™ US$35.00, per occurrence, for
each chargeback issued against a transaction. Client agrees to pay BurstNET™ US$30.00, per occurrence, for each credit reporting/collection agency filing that may be necessary
to expedite receipt of payment, collect on overdue funds, or other related issues. Client agrees to re-imburse BurstNET™ for all legal/court fees optained while attempting to collect
client’s debt. Client agrees to pay BurstNET™ US$50.00 for each re-activation of a suspended account. The US$50.00 re-activation fee is per account, with an account potentially
containing multiple websites, servers, or other services. BurstNET™ reserves the right to charge a US$25.00 expedite fee for any support issue that client insists be taken care of
“on the spot” immediately. Charges may be incurred for Abnormal Support requests serviced on your account.

so, yeah, she had to pay $50 to get it unsuspended.

also, her so called ignoring you today on MSN is "rubbish" in itself. I have been talking with her most of the day, and she is currently away. You know, she does have a life, and it does NOT revolve around you, or your friend. GR has live support. if someone isnt there for some reason, you can submit a ticket at http://support.geekrackportal.net and someone will look into your issue. do NOT rely on reaching us on MSN. MSN is not our live support line, even though many people think it is.

as for your other friends server taking 5 days, i am not sure why that would be. servers normally dont take more than 72 hours. if he submits a tiket, we would be more than happy to look into the issue.

Method may i just note that we DEAL DIRECTLY with GEEKRACK not BURST, we are to COMPLY with GEEKRACKS TOS, we were NEVER made AWARE of Burstnet's TOS.... Also Method, they have support staff, but they cannot do anything but pass the message onto Shequita, where it takes 3 days for any action to be taken

Yeah, but the server isn't geekracks, they just resell Burst.NET servers, which in turn, must fall under Bursts TOS, and if Bursts TOS is broken, they refer to geekrack, and then Geekrack comes after you, so it most likely wasn't Geekrack that busted you, it was probably Burst, as they probably monitor their servers, or someone reported directly too Burst.

That, being said to Rev host's server, not yours, unless I read wrong, and both are suspended for the same reason.

But even so, point remains, as it's like a chain of command. My host monitors me, as I monitor my clients, and so forth.

And may i just add we can't get onto support atm or Tickets either...the site seems to be down...AGAIn

@SageCryst,

as i said if we were made aware of Burstnet's TOS upon signup we wouldnt cause such an issue, nowhere does it document that we should comply to Burst's terms anywhere....

But it seems, that every time we need some assistance she wont reply, she is always on at other times, when its nothing to do with any payments/problems.

And as thorny says, we have nothing to do with Burst, are you telling me every client knows about the company Burst at all? We only followed GR's TOS. Even if Burst came to GR, it says nothing about that in their terms of service, therefore we are not in the wrong!

I totally understand buddy, i aint someone to come on here bashing companies i just want GR to understand this, and yes we have contacted them via other methods but still we get no reply... this is the last resort!

Method may i just note that we DEAL DIRECTLY with GEEKRACK not BURST, we are to COMPLY with GEEKRACKS TOS, we were NEVER made AWARE of Burstnet's TOS.... Also Method, they have support staff, but they cannot do anything but pass the message onto Shequita, where it takes 3 days for any action to be taken

*cough*
I am support staff, so is Steve, Jordan, and Adam. so, that is 4 others besides Shequeita, and this is the first I have heard of your issue. If you have NOT submitted a ticket, then there is no way for me to know. To rely solely on Shequeita is just ignorant. she is 1 person, and cant do everything. If you feel support has gone downhill, i am truly sorry for you feeling this way. i am on live response most of the day, at least 5 days a week myself, and have not heard anything of your issues. TBH, this was not the last resort to post here when you could PM her directly on FWS or WHT, or submitted support tickets. if you need help, you now no where else to look.
Yeah, but the server isn't geekracks, they just resell Burst.NET servers, which in turn, must fall under Bursts TOS, and if Bursts TOS is broken, they refer to geekrack, and then Geekrack comes after you, so it most likely wasn't Geekrack that busted you, it was probably Burst, as they probably monitor their servers, or someone reported directly too Burst.

That, being said to Rev host's server, not yours, unless I read wrong, and both are suspended for the same reason.

But even so, point remains, as it's like a chain of command. My host monitors me, as I monitor my clients, and so forth.
that would be correct.
And may i just add we can't get onto support atm or Tickets either...the site seems to be down...AGAIn

@SageCryst,

as i said if we were made aware of Burstnet's TOS upon signup we wouldnt cause such an issue, nowhere does it document that we should comply to Burst's terms anywhere....

as for the site being down, i have no clue why the support site is down when it is on my server and all of the other sites are fine. :S it might be getting updates. i will look into the issue and see what is up. if you need help, contact me via MSN for now, and i will be working on the support site.

Last edited:
Burst is who GeekRack get's their servers from, therefore Burt's TOS is by extension, also the TOS you need to follow. Granted, this should be reflected in their TOS.

And method, my point about the TOS we stand in the right...no? And also method i have spoken to both Jordan and Adam several times on MSN and live support both have been extremely helpfull but as i said they havent been able to process any changes as they need shequita...

May i also ask why the site is currently down?

Well, im trying to get on live support now, but your site wont load for me, neither will some other sites which i host on GR :S.

And i spoke with Adam, i have him on msn. He cant help us out in that area, he doesn't deal with these kind of problems. Furthermore, we are moving away from the Money factor, why should we pay $50 if nothing is mentioned in your TOS. We have print screened copies of it. You don't mention in your TOS that we must also comply with Burst's TOS. Am i right?

Burst is who GeekRack get's their servers from, therefore Burt's TOS is by extension, also the TOS you need to follow. Granted, this should be reflected in their TOS.

Oh and btw, most TOS's have a reserve the right to change clause..so.. yea.

i would check our TOS if the site wasnt down to clarify. :S looking into the issue.

please contact me via MSN if needed.

Dirujan, the support site is down for some reason like i have stated a few times now. i am looking into the issue. if you need assistance now, please contact me via msn.

Method i have a copy of your TOS all saved on my PC, i will be more than happy to send you screenshots of it NOW over msn.

Edit: Thorny is speaking with you on msn now..

And method, my point about the TOS we stand in the right...no? And also method i have spoken to both Jordan and Adam several times on MSN and live support both have been extremely helpfull but as i said they havent been able to process any changes as they need shequita...

May i also ask why the site is currently down?

they can come to me as i have access that they done. once i find the problem with the site, we should be able to get you squared up. i hate dealing with issues where people are upset, but, it is part of the business i guess, and i understand your frustration. we WILL take care of you. you have my word.

Thorny thankyou for the kind words... But that is utter rubbish there is nothing i couldn't have assisted you with and i would have been glad to have helped you as that is my duty, as mentioned MSN for any host is only a last cause ticketing system and live help have been up all day as i have been on both.

The site is indeed down just now just sit back and wait per our update as to why.

Last of all as they say if you do the crime you do the time, spam isn't acceptable in any way shape or form and wont be tolerated so why should we have to let it go for free ?

Method i have a copy of your TOS all saved on my PC, i will be more than happy to send you screenshots of it NOW over msn.

dont worry about that right now. right now, it is important to get live support back up. contact me if needed, otherwise, i will be gone from FWS for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back