• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

gimme a forum

I think he doesnt know cgi/php and wants a remotely hosted. Someone write him a redirect script, Im too busy.

Yup, I'm a newbie. Let me rephrase perhaps. . . I want a forum on my site but I don't want to be redirected to whoever provides the forum. How do I do this in the same window?

A frame would work well. Can someone write him a cloaking script? You may also want to install your own BB on your site.

Why a redirection script?

Just install a BB to /forum/

Or if you wanna use like ezboard.

Just put a link to it :confused2

yeah, I've used EZboard before. But I would like to have my OWN forum, not somebody elses. Anybody know where I could get scripts for a forum and BB?

okay, there are a few BB's out there, try the following:

1. YaBB ( CGI )
2. PHPBB ( PHP and MySQL )
3. WBB ( PHP and MySQL )
4. YaBB Se ( PHP and MySQL)
5. MiniBB ( PHP and MySQL)

Then for PHP you can put it in http://myhost.com/forum/
And for CGI you will need to put it in http;//myhost.com/cgi-bin/forum/

after that follow the instructions in the readme

enjoy,
xpfreak

Re: well

Originally posted by blueman
if i was you and i was just learning this i would use ikonboard also if you need help at anytime thru the way i can help you.you can contact me on aim and msn aim at blueman1777 msn at blueman1777@hotmail.com or email me at webmaster@mtgrounds.com well hope you want the help cya
InvisionBoard is going to be better than ikonboard. Its made by most of the ikonboard developers and uses php and mysql which is good if you don't want cgi to crunch your server. You can check their site at http://www.invisionboard.com

what cha talking bout cheatpark

what cha talking bout cheatpark cgi would be pretty damn easy for him to set up

Re: what cha talking bout cheatpark

You moron, CGI takes up WAAAAY more resources than PHP.

Re: what cha talking bout cheatpark

I have used almost every single php forum and I know what I'm talking about. php is much better than cgi. I am also programming my own forum as well. I have learn't that cgi uses more resources and php is more modern and user friendly. btw this thread should be moved to the free services forum.

I uploaded phpBB2 to my host. When I go to setup to BBS it says I don't have permission. Does that mean my host doesn't allow PHP or something? I'm currently using Netfirms. . .

Originally posted by jeronimo
I uploaded phpBB2 to my host. When I go to setup to BBS it says I don't have permission. Does that mean my host doesn't allow PHP or something? I'm currently using Netfirms. . .
netfirms doesn't have php support.

Back