• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gmail - what do current users think of the service?

Well you can simulate a folder by creating a rule that will archive and label the messages. That way you can just click on the label to bring them up, and they are out of your way because they are archived.

(I love the spell check by the way.)

I think it's gnarly, but not perfect. Is there the ability to save drafts? Is there an easy view to see all attachments?

seems like you guys really like Gmail, but the popularity does matter at all. I think Google should now think about Messenger Service aswell that the main area from where they can capture almost whole community, thats my feelings how about you guys ?

hostbreak said:
seems like you guys really like Gmail, but the popularity does matter at all. I think Google should now think about Messenger Service aswell that the main area from where they can capture almost whole community, thats my feelings how about you guys ?

That might just overdo it.

aki said:
i don't understand why Google didn't add "sort by date" like hotmail. but the shortcuts work very good :)
because..it's... already sorted by date...? :p besides.. you can search for it.. why look through a list when you can do that?

titandude said:
they need to put more options
like sent messages folder OFF, block sender, etc.
if you haven't really lookd, those options ARE there. they're everywhere. in fact, it's right under the search bar, entitled "Create a filter." It's also in settings, under "Filters". And if you haven't realised, you can set it to block the email. but you can do MUCH more than that.

you can do the same thing Atlas wanted to do--subscribe to a newsletter and have it send all the emails to a "folder" (btw, "labels" are exactly like folders. just a different name--the difference is you can have an email under more than one "folder," rather than keeping it under one...i think). like someone said, get all the emails that come from a source, have gmail archive it and label it something.

I ended up taking the invitation that I was offered and am happy with the service so far. They also seem to be listening to comments that are made and are incorporating changes and additions to the features that they offer.

Gmail has a clean design, not cluttered like Hotmail. Also, when you reply to a message someone sent you or vice versa, Gmail organises the two messages into a folder-like arrangement. Click the tab of one message, that message is shown. Click the other tab, the message is shown. I love that function :D

Suresh said:
Gmail has a clean design, not cluttered like Hotmail. Also, when you reply to a message someone sent you or vice versa, Gmail organises the two messages into a folder-like arrangement. Click the tab of one message, that message is shown. Click the other tab, the message is shown. I love that function :D
Yeah, I love the conversation feature.

It's great having 20 mailing list items all together as one.

The conversation feature is by far my favorite. On yahoo groups and such it looks great.

GMail is fast but the menu is confusing and I cound not right click and "open in new window" to read multiple inbox.

Gmail's fast, and I love the features. I use it for personal emails with buddies I know. The space doesn't really matter to me, msn offers 2 gb anyways.

Back