• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GoDaddy shall feel my wrath!

jmiller

tripcode
NLC
So for starters, I get maybe one piece of spam per week, and has been the same since I first created the given email account.

So last night I decided to register a new domain name with GoDaddy, and I wake up this morning and check my email and to my disbelief there is at least 8 junk emails.
Coincidence? I think not.

And thus ends my relationship with GoDaddy.

depending on the domain, the previous owner could've screwed it up. I registered a domain a few years ago, got tons of spam on it. It expired, and I re-registered it after a year or two of it being expired and the same type of spam resumed.

I would never register from Godaddy. After all the mix up, screw ups, and low stuff they've done in the past! baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Welcome to 3 years ago, they charge $19/yr now and when they did give them free they would only do it for a year then use your domain, and even then it was only a redirect.

But i don't think you're that ignorant, so you're just doing it for responses, which either way makes you look like a fool :confused2

Once again the children manage to take things off topic. :|
Domain is registered with GoDaddy.
I was merely venting my anger towards them.

There could be a variety of reasons. As suggested, it is possible the domain was recently dropped (Was it?), and it may still receive spam. Also, I'm not sure how likely this is, but it could be that spammers monitor domains that are being registred (say, if the domain is a combination of common words, it wouldn't be too hard to check each day), and then send out emails to addresses like "admin, sales, webmaster, etc @domain". Or Godaddy sold your email address to spammers.

Nothing at my domain is pointing towards my email address, hence the reason I assume it was GoDaddy.
I am working on the problem right now, hopefully i will give them a call later.

Back