• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hah, this is lovely

Schmarvin

Cross Industries
NLC
So, I decided to try burstNET for myself. Just to see how well their services were. Well, I ordered a small VPS from them over a day ago. So far, all they have done is taken my money. My VPS has not been created, and its been on "pending" for about 24 hours. I opened a ticket a few hours ago, I asked them where my VPS was. No reply. It's amazing. Why open a company like that if you can't manage it and its clients?

Anyway, I'm gonna call them tomorrow morning and ask them where my VPS is tomorrow if I don't have a reply by then to the ticket, or if I still don't have my VPS.

Anyone else been with them? They seem like a great company! They look like the best example of....what a company should not be.

Schmarvin, my first guess is that they're out for the weekend. Smaller companies tend to be more responsive and run 24/7/365 operations to garner as much business as possible; as burstNET is a large company, they may not. I'd definitely recommend calling.

Supposedly, they only have an emergency phone line for reboots and such.
Anyway, my VPS came on-line today. Looking good so far.

Its like they skip Saturdays.

It's odd you couldn't get a hold of them. Did they say something?, or since it came online I suppose that was it.

Ah, now I know why people don't like them. Just got charged a random fee:

Invoice Items
Abuse (TOS-AUP) Violation Administrative Fee -- $50.00 USD
------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: $50.00 USD
Credit: $0.00 USD
Total: $50.00 USD

Now, I'm not going to pay the fee of course. Why would I? Its a blank VPS, nothing is on it yet, so its not against any policies.

Well, I only have a test VPS with them. So I can't complain like everyone else. Besides the fact they are a very large company and don't have time to deal with small services like mine. I only purchased their tiny VPS package at like $6.

A $50 abuse fee on a blank VPS. Nice one. It's reasons like that, that made me leave BurstNET years ago.

I realy would love to hear more about that 50$ for an empty VPS.I am also a client of Burst.NET for personal web sites and that sounds weird

I realy would love to hear more about that 50$ for an empty VPS.I am also a client of Burst.NET for personal web sites and that sounds weird

Not really, Burst.NET has a lot of issues. If you google burst horror stories you would probably see a couple hundred pages of nothing but angry clients complaining about them.

Not really, Burst.NET has a lot of issues. If you google burst horror stories you would probably see a couple hundred pages of nothing but angry clients complaining about them.

I am not surprised.I saw some similar posts on WHT too.But this time, an empty VPS :lol:

Wow, I don't know why people complain about their Customer Service. They are extremely respectful and polite. Took me only about 5 minutes to get in touch with someone and get the issue resolved. Apparently there was an abuse e-mail that was supposed to be sent to me, but many customers weren't getting emails from burst that day. So, the fee will be waived, I just have to reply to an email. :D

i will NEVER use burstnet again. i had a dedi with them when geekrack was reselling the servers, and when geekrack disappeared, my server was transfered to be managed by burstnet. they tried to charge me twice in one month even though i switched back to wowrack before burstnet had even taken over my server. i canceled the transfer of the server and they tried billing me for like 6 months after the matter. they still send me server maintenance emails even though i have never officially had my server with them directly. lol.

Ah, now I know why people don't like them. Just got charged a random fee:

Invoice Items
Abuse (TOS-AUP) Violation Administrative Fee -- $50.00 USD
Sub Total: $50.00 USD
Credit: $0.00 USD
Total: $50.00 USD

Now, I'm not going to pay the fee of course. Why would I? Its a blank VPS, nothing is on it yet, so its not against any policies.

That the reason why I left them the first time they charge me with that I sent a support ticket since my vps was suspended without notice that's when I found out that I have this $50 but they immediately removed the invoice the second time i received that fee I already left them since they give you that $50 invoice for no reason and then suspend your vps without notice. I just left them after that good thing I always have my backup.

Wow, I don't know why people complain about their Customer Service. They are extremely respectful and polite. Took me only about 5 minutes to get in touch with someone and get the issue resolved. Apparently there was an abuse e-mail that was supposed to be sent to me, but many customers weren't getting emails from burst that day. So, the fee will be waived, I just have to reply to an email. :D

Agreed, their support is good .I always get response under 15 minutes

Back