• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hamster...izfree down

Status
Not open for further replies.

minuslife45

to hamster,

hey i believe izfree is down again. another thing i think post to much saying izfree is down.. is there another way to let you know personally that izfree is down instead getting your attention with my annoying threads lol.

minus

Perhaps you don't even need to alert him. ;) I am sure the stability of the service is something hamster takes seriously and checks on himself, too.

It's up and fine? I check on izFree every few minutes when I'm on my PC, which is about 4-12 hours a day?

It's up and fine? There was a 5 minute downtime interval because the server was rebooted from 2.21pm to 2.25pm GMT +8.

I'm sure hamster, like most host owners, aren't oblivious to knowing their server is down. You don't need to remind him every time.

Down again from the UK, and has been for most of the week :cry2:

It is becoming very difficult to run a club site giving information about upcoming fixtures etc. with the poor availability we experience.

I sent the Almight Benevolent Hamster an email and received a server delay response after two days. :(

I can only imagine how the fellow is scrambling to get things fixed. What an annoyance this must be. I am unable to complain simply because this is a free service, so I will offer my sincerest wishes that Hamster gets this fixed and has one less hassle to plague him.

Sending copious measurements of Anti-Murphy vibes for ya!

Upon further investigation, I attempted to ping 'www.izfree.com' and 'www.hosthelpers.com', and ping is telling me they're unknown hosts. Can anyone replicate this error and confirm it's not just on my end?

Last edited by a moderator:
izfree not accessable

I'm unable to get any response from the izfree domain name servers. I'm sure those who have direct access to the systems may not see the problem but it's there. No DNS service makes all the web sites hosted but izfree appear to be down even if the servers are up and happy.

I have been dealing with this issue for the past 2 days. From the looks of things now, the service will no longer come online and I will be acquiring backups of all users' accounts in a few days' time.

Hamster have tried contacting the downed service or found anther service?
I am user of your hosting co.

Hamster have you tried contacting the service or finding a new service.
I am izfree user

Hosted site came back up this morning!
Can't connect to izfree forum, site etc. and can't connect to ftp to retrieve the Joomla backup I've just made, so while I can get to my site and make changes (the power of Joomla!) I can't do much else.

It's still down for me I tried it on firefox and safari on my computer and my mom's computer with AOL and IE and nothing worked .

Last edited:
Is it just DNS?

There might be two issues here: the web server is down and the DNS servers are down. I can not get izfree.com to resolve. After some digging, I have found an old IP address which does seem to work for izfree.com but not my hosted site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back