• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hamster...izfree down

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks like it could be a dns issue with his server, as I have just done Host Tracker report and this is what it came back with,

Received responses: 7 Ok 37 Fail

So that the DNS isnt working as well as it should, maybee as this seems to be happening quite alot that there is a config problem?

Although Hamster did post at the top of page 2 for this thread, that was 2 days ago. We should have seen some kind of response by now.

I have been busy acquiring all the backups since then and it's almost done now at about 95% downloaded.

As I will be discontinuing this service, I would be offering users their backups on a request basis. I will soon transfer the main izFree site to another hosting account of mine, which is where I will send out a mass email to all hostees regarding the closure of the service.

Hostees will be invited to go to the forums and request for their backups and I will do so accordingly.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused. This is the best I could have done in this situation where recent major abuse of the server caused myself to owe more than 300USD in overage fees to the hosting provider.

are you going to start a new web hosting site ? because I need think what I'm going to do next. 1) look for a new hosting co. 2)not have a website because I have been doing it for about 9 almost 10 years

Hi hamster.
I'm really sorry to hear that you are discontinuing izfree and have to pay 300USD.
I'd donate some money for being such a good host but I'm 14 and don't have much money.
When do you think you'll have the backups available? I desperately need mine.
And does anyone know a free host similar to izfree?

Thanks for hosting my site for so long hamster! you've been a massive help and hope you make another hosting site!

also btw hamster will i need to have my website pointing to you to get my backup?
cause if i don't then can i change them to someone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
are you going to start a new web hosting site ? because I need think what I'm going to do next. 1) look for a new hosting co. 2)not have a website because I have been doing it for about 9 almost 10 years

I will probably not be starting a new web hosting site but I might decide to help out at a free host that wants me on their staff roster if time permits.

Hi hamster.
I'm really sorry to hear that you are discontinuing izfree and have to pay 300USD.
I'd donate some money for being such a good host but I'm 14 and don't have much money.
When do you think you'll have the backups available? I desperately need mine.
And does anyone know a free host similar to izfree?

Thanks for hosting my site for so long hamster! you've been a massive help and hope you make another hosting site!

also btw hamster will i need to have my website pointing to you to get my backup?
cause if i don't then can i change them to someone else?

I have just completed the downloading of all the account backups.

I am currently uploading your backup to another hosting account of mine. Due to the pathetic upstream speeds of the Singapore internet I am under, it will take a while for your 128MB backup to be uploaded. I will send you an email via this forum with the link to the backup for download when it is done uploading.

After you have finished downloading your backup, do reply to this thread so that I can delete it.

Hi Hamster

Sorry to hear the bad news, shame people have to have hobbies that destroy everyone elses good work!

I'm sure you'll get many requests, and I'd like to be added to the queue to get to my stneotshc backups.

Many thanks
Steve

There has been a slight change of plan.

If you want your backup, do login to your directadmin hosting account via http://208.94.245.98:2222/ and create your backup, then download it when it is done.

It would appear that most of the backups I have acquired are corrupted and cannot be opened. I am currently investigating this matter and I really hope this is just my computer playing tricks on me :( Certainly would suck to have yet another bad occurrence to add on to my already really bad week.

any of your customers looking for hosting during the time being can contact me as i have a server that will not be cpanel but will allow them to host there stuff till they find a new account. Not advertising this is just to help these people out.

Getting my backup from http://208.94.245.98:2222/ failed with this:
The connection has timed out

The server at 208.94.245.98 is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Please Help!

Hamster, thanks for your hard work. It was not an easy task to manage these sites. I would like to be added to the list as well: ownedbyyorkies.

At the moment, I can't ping 208.94.245.98 anymore.
Hamster, if you need any help, let me know.
Thanks for your work.

I just tried to download my files thru the link in this forum and it wouldn't go thru. The web host that I signed up with yesterday only have 1 datadase instead of 3 . Hampster I hope you come back as a web host someday.

I'm still waiting on a reboot request and further discussion. I am open to anyone who wants to buyover izFree and continue the service.

izFree backup and subsequent buyout.

Hamstarrrr! Ye old scallywag.

Sad to hear you're moving on. I would be very interested in a backup for my 'thokling' account.

As for buying you out, I'd only be happy to. Due to the current recession, I have a total of $7.84 I found in my sofa.

Come on. You know you wanna. <grin>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back