• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hamster...izfree down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Hamster,
Obviously some major concerns at present in relation to izFree for you- sorry to hear about your technical issues.
What is the status of the account backup system?
I am unable to get to the link you provided.
Can I also suggest that you rectify the izFree blog- the content that appears to have taken over is really disturbing.
Thanks for izFree during the time that it was able to be a prosperous environment.

It would appear that my server provider took the server offline without notification... meaning everything is more or less gone unless I manage to work out something with him.

I really know what it feels like to lose something you've worked on for so long, i.e. your websites and stuff, but think of it this way, I just lost one of the most precious things in my entire life so far. It also states in the TOS that izFree is not responsible for keeping backups of user files and will not be responsible for any loss of data.

I tried my hardest to get the data. The backups were mostly corrupted like I previously mentioned in this thread. What could I do? The heavens were against me. I really do not have the funds online to pay for any further maintenance of this service and I had wanted it to end in a peaceful and gracious manner but it would seem that I have failed in doing so.

I am truly sorry about this, but there is really nothing more I can do.

For all the loyal supporters of izFree, I thank you for the continued faith in our services and I wish you luck in your future endeavours.

P.S. I am still awaiting a reply from my server provider in a support ticket. Don't take this as a glimmer of hope though, I'm trying all that I can do make things right.

polieleos7777 said:
Can I also suggest that you rectify the izFree blog- the content that appears to have taken over is really disturbing.

What do you mean? The izFree blog is down and no bad content has ever been posted there. If you are talking about izfree.biz, it is in no way affiliated with izFree.com

Last edited:
Hamster I just went to izfree.com it seems to be up because I there's a new post in the support area of the forum of izfree. But I didn't try any thing else. Have you though of getting a sponsor for your site to help with money problems

Last edited:
What do you mean? The izFree blog is down and no bad content has ever been posted there. If you are talking about izfree.biz, it is in no way affiliated with izFree.com
The blog, simply accessed from the navigation menu on izfree.com (not any other website or domain name) seems alive and well, and, as previously stated, appears to have been hacked. It now bears highly disturbing content- I strongly suggest that you take the blog offline or at least remove it from the navigation menu.

yeah....hamster take the blog offline......quite disturbing what people do just to see others dissappointed.

As for the backups, I have lost years of work...
Please try your hardest to get it back.

I think you all are mistaken. izFree is ENTIRELY OFFLINE now and cannot be accessed at all at the moment.

Ok I managed to reroute the domain's DNS to my other hosting account so only the main website is up now. However, this is now totally useless because no data can be retrieved and I am still waiting on a support ticket reply.

Last edited:
It's still up I just checked and around 10:25PM I also able to see the forum of izfree.com.

Last edited:
Like I said, I managed to reroute the izFree domain to a different hosting account of mine, but it's all useless now that the main server has been put offline and I am still waiting on a support ticket.

Do I have to keep repeating myself? I have stated in the previous 2 posts that the izFree site has been relocated to another hosting account of my but it is totally useless because the main server that izFree used to be hosted on has been put offline.

I feel sorry for you hamster I do, I've been through this and it's not nice.

You shouldn't feel pressured into offering backups though in all fairness, it's the people on your server who put you in this mess, why go through so much effort to help them. Even though, people most likely wouldn't of been abusing, their on a FREE service, so they shouldn't expect so much help.

Hence why I moved away from free hosting. If I ever went back, I would simply try and build a good business model rather than helping because it all gets turned around.

Yes I have repeated it many times already. Thanks for helping me, Stephen.

Anyway, here's an update. My server provider just terminated me entirely from his client database without notifying me or replying to my support ticket.

Nothing can be done now. All data is lost. There is NO HOPE of recovering any data.

I will proceed to sell what is left of izFree and hope that someone will take it and continue it with their own funding.

Thread closed as there is no longer any point in discussing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back