• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help me find a good host

SoulReaper

Hi

I am planning on buying an account with a paid host, but i do not know which one to go for.

Here are some things i require.
1) Around 75-100mb space -> Is this much space enough if i am planning to use a forum(vBulletin etc) in the site ?
2) Full FTP access
3) PHP, mySQL, Perl
4) Custom CGI + Preinstalled CGI's
5) Around 30gb transfer per month
6) No file size limit
7) Should permit mp3 files
8) FAST !!
9) .htaccess protected directories
10) 99% uptime and good 24/7 support
11) Cost SHOULD BE AROUND 5-10 DOLLARS PER MONTH .

Are there anything else i should look out for while choosing a paid host ? BTW i am in India, so most people visiting my site will also be from India.

Please reply asap.
Thank you

Originally posted by SoulReaper
then how much transfer would i need for running a forum ? also i plan to upload a few mp3 files and game demos ...

mind you these files would definitely increase ur bandwidth usage a lot

i suggest u have to fork out much more for the bandwidth and space. btw what kind of game demos ? :chinese2: :confused:

Game demos that comes with magazine cd's

BTW how much transfer would i need for the forum ? Just an approxiamte .. Would 5 gb/month do ?

And which is the best host i could go for ?

Thank you

Just watch out for hosts that do offer anything more than 10GB/month for $5/month....They will usually kick you off if you actually use that amount of data transfer.

I checked out the following 3 hosts
www.myacen.com
www.dominet.net
www.alwayswebhosting.com

I think i will go with alwayswebhosting.com, but it is kinda hard to blive that they offer 60gb/month transfer :p

Are there anyone here who is hosted on alwayswebhosting.com
Do u think it is better if i go with them ?
PS: i need to run a forum + other heavy grahpic oriented works.

myacen.com was also good but they offer only 5gb transfer on their homestead pack which costs $5.95 per month and 10gb/mo transfer on the business pack which costs $9.95 per month

Please reply asap.
Thank you

That's because they used to state unlimited transfer. Now they just state an insanely high amount which there's no way in hell they'll ever let you use.

Back