• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

help

lucid

One day when I opened my html editor there was suddenly a vbscript embedded at the bottom of every file I opened. I don't even use VBscript, so that was weird enough.

I thought maybe my editor had just gone weird, but I opened it up in frontpage, another html editor and then notepad and the same thing happened. Now ever html file on my computer seems to have it, and I have no idea where it came from.

I manually remove it, but as soon as I load it into my browser it appears again.

Not only that, but now my pages crash my browser all the time, and take about 10 times as much time to load.

Does anyone know how it may have gotten there or how I can get rid of it?

My guess: You have got a virus on your computer!
Treatment: Run a updated antivirus program.

VBscript seem to be quite popular for virus makers

Hmmm, VBscript = Virus Bad Script ? :D

ack a virus?

I still don't know how it got there. I haven't been to any weird websites, and I don't share my computer...

::sigh::

it's about time I upgraded, I s'pose. It's about a year and a half out of date :rolleyes:

email. Until 8 or 9 month ago I had never seen a virus. Now I've had about 15 all through email. Have a good AV?

I had a virus

We had to get the whole computer cleared. But that was like 3 years ago and we still have the computer. If you think you need to have your computer udated.....

Back