• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host Ultra

zz4

It seems I see Host Ultra mentioned here as much as any place...

This board for positive and negative comments?

I go through all this extra work to keep site alive...edit every 14 days,etc.etc.

Now I see everything is gone.

Qualifications must have gone to 7 days?

As with many hosts you see mentioned here save yourself some work and......

OK...let me attempt to decode your post. I don't quite understand. ;)

You're saying that HostUltra is mentioned very frequently and they deleted your site. Apparently, they have some kind of "update site every 14 days" rule, and you think they changed that requirement to 7 days. And you say something about this board for positive and negative comments? :confused:

You dont have to edit your site within any time
The 14 day thing people keep bring up doesnt exist whoever told you that was a lie

Originally posted by HostUltra
You dont have to edit your site within any time
The 14 day thing people keep bring up doesnt exist whoever told you that was a lie

Check out this thread http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23544

It talks about the 14 day thing and it also has you saying:
Oh btw i didnt say you have to edit your site Just login to the site manager

Check it out yourself, i clearly understand it as you saying that the 14 day thing is or was a rule, and now saying that it was all a lie?:confused:

YIPEEEE! Another HostUltra post.

Questions for zz4 to clear things up.

zz4.

Do you have a site hosted by HostUltra?
Did they delete your site?
If yes...When was the last time you edited your site before it got deleted?
What was your site about?

Last edited:
== da....

I like to try all free hosts.I also have paid webspace.

I've been trying free places for a long long time...most go under...

Of recent it would seem (well..maybe its not recent) most free hosts noted here are just beta testing for pay services.How can you charge for things that don't work?

I bookmark all my website locations.I put a date when I last edited.

My problem could very well be the quality of the website.Every website needs to be ABOUT SOMETHING. Often I don't really develop a theme until a little time goes by. Theres never anything that would be a tos bootable.

I saw the host ultra 14 day thing and said...14 days? not kinda rough? Its like HOTMAIL...no..they are not 'pushing' people?

When I posted I had gone to my Host Ultra site and all I got was a 404 and endless ads. Soooooooooo...I sort of felt..is this worth it?

I commented earlier about Host Ultra ads being kind of frustrating as they are really things trying to plant .exe files into your computer.They change you 'start page' and all kinds of things....

If you view Host Ultra on a device like webtv(msntv) or aol-tv the place is a bomb...shuts your unit right down....

hey..I'm not going to bash Host Ultra too much as maybe they have the solution to staying FREE these days?

I simply think my site vanished kinda strange and I really don't want to sign up with places that push people TOO HARD and if a site is getting zapped how about the courtesy of emailing somebody? (sounds nice anyway?)

hey...I've signed up for free places that sites disappeared in several days..even though you at least put an index.html page up.

I've had sites at places that died years ago and my site is still there and editable.(like http://www.webhostme.com/ )

Sooooooo...should I ramble more? -------

OOOOOO--the postive-negative stuff. Some places your only supposed to say positive things but I prefer to hear negative also AND I DON'T THINK IT SHOULD BE TAKEN AS ANY PERSONAL ATTACK. With paid hosting be very careful what you say..their business depends upon only good things being said.If you say anything bad at least use a different user name that can't be id'd with your account.

:confused:

I was going to use them but ran into a few issues........

I got plenty of pop-ups that kept going like the energizer bunny,got a little window that said "would you like to set your home page to 'Portal.Hostultra.com'?
And then after clicking NO,I get another pop-up and then a pop-up to save a file 'setup.exe !!!
And to prove all this,I have a screenshot.

CLICK HERE FOR SCREENSHOT!

Sorry for the rant,but kinda upset at things like this even with a free host.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
HostUltra, what do you have to say for yourself now?

well.....he`ll say......it must be your browser,i have no problem :p,he always tries to lie his way out of this!
he always says he gets on pop-up & no setup.exe ,shame on you HostUltra

I did have a few more ads but closed them as not to clutter the shot.
One was an ad for them and their hosting offers.
Not sure about the other one,was some sort of offer to buy something but just your normal ad I suppose

..or he could say "if you don't like it, don't use our service. More space of the other users, less bandwidth being used up more profit for us"

Another possible answer could be " if you don't like the ads, upgrade to HostUltra's paid host. :p

Last edited:
This is true and also his right to say,but most people will get tired of it and visitor's will also and then he will have all the bandwidth to offer.
I understand nothing is free,but one must show everything that goes along with a free host.......IMO :confused2

The 14 days was a one time thing
STOP BRINING IT UP ITS DEAD AN BURIED!
We dont delete them EVERY 14 days it was just that one time we gave 14 days to login to clear up some space

As for that screenshot, yes those are the ads we show
If you dont like the ads you can pay a small price for the ads to be removed or one of our paid hosting packages here http://www.hostultra.com/plans.html

All that screenhot proves is that there is only 2 or 3 popups which is what i have been saying all along :rolleyes: :devious2:

As for that screenshot, yes those are the ads we show
If you dont like the ads you can pay a small price for the ads to be removed or one of our paid hosting packages here http://www.hostultra.com/plans.html

Told you he'd say that :p

All that screenhot proves is that there is only 2 or 3 popups which is what i have been saying all along :rolleyes: :devious2:

Actually no it doesn't. Neverpay said
I did have a few more ads but closed them as not to clutter the shot.

Click here to see ALL of the ads I just got to prove there are not just 2 ads!

I got a few more after closing all those out!

I'm not here to make anyone look like a lier or to say someone has horrible hosting.
I just wanted to show that what is said is not always true and should be dealt with.
Free is good.Not everything is free without some sort of requirement.

But list what you really get,you would get better responses.

edit
I forgot to include the 'set homepage to' but you guys already saw that one and think it came up after I closed them all out,was just clicking before they executed.

Last edited:
LOL, kinda reminds me of hypermart (with the full/half page pop-up) :(

edit: forgot to close the quote tags :( oh well

Last edited:
I don't mind hosts that are honest and admit the poor quality services they offer, but I really am peeved by hosts who try to lie about what they really offer. :(

Ok why does every topic about hostultra always end up like this?

I DONT CARE HOW MANY ADS YOU GET IM NOT GOING TO REMOVE THEM I NEED TO MAKE MONEY OR THERE WILL BE NO MORE HOSTULTRA!

I DONT CARE HOW MANY ADS YOU GET IM NOT GOING TO REMOVE THEM I NEED TO MAKE MONEY OR THERE WILL BE NO MORE HOSTULTRA!

Why do you think topics about HostUltra end up like this? :rolleyes2

Back