• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hostdeparment hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only so much unlimited bandwidth and space that they can give you for $4. :p

I can't be very surprised though. When 1TB of data transfer is sold for under $10, it's no longer that hard to imagine unlimited being sold for $4. :D

Hostdepartment.com is placed no. #1 hosting provider in "WebHostingStuff". So, I wonder why they are then. Selling unl. space + bandwidth.

unlimited users with unlimited resources = unlimited happy reviews

+

unlimited users without unlimited hosting (after they're all suspended) = too pissed off to even post a bad review

LOL. What a offer.

Rough Ticket You Might Want To Send:
Dear Sir, It possible for me to use up the whole harddrive and bandwidth allocated to the server? Since it is unlimited.

LOL. What a offer.

Rough Ticket You Might Want To Send:

I said that to them. This is the chat log:

Wyner Tan: Hello! Welcome to HostDepartment Live Chat Service. How may I help you?
James: Hi
Wyner Tan: Hiii :)
James: It possible for me to use up the whole harddrive and bandwidth allocated to the server? Since it is unlimited.
Wyner Tan: Well,...we have hundreds of server, don't think you will use all of them
Wyner Tan: you could try if you want
James: Ok
James: How exactly do you offer unlimited?
Wyner Tan: :)
Wyner Tan: unlimited = unlimited :) unlimited as it is
James: Actully, its physically impossible to give unlimited
James: All servers have a physical limit, and BW costs money to transfer
James: So how?
James: I'm interested.
Wyner Tan: Well you can upload as many files as possible as long all the files you upload is used in your web site
Wyner Tan: you are not allowed to put so many files if its not gonna be usedin your web site
Wyner Tan: :)
James: ok thanks, bye
Wyner Tan: my pleasure
Wyner Tan: By the way, if you do sign up with us in the future, Please don't forget to pick my name as your contact sales person during the signup process. I would appreciate that very much, For future assistance, You can contact me as your sales representative

One day I will sign up with all of these unlimited BW and DS providers and load all my biggest files and link them on the site and download them from one of my OC48 servers and see what happens ;)
I will upload 999999999999TB worth of files ;) will not compress them either.

start

why don't one of you start a webhosting company, using hostdepartment, Trust me we will use their all of their space. I do not have cPanel, or Xpanel.

Can anyone tell me if its free to get cPanel or something like that.

why don't one of you start a webhosting company, using hostdepartment, Trust me we will use their all of their space. I do not have cPanel, or Xpanel.

Can anyone tell me if its free to get cPanel or something like that.

you need a liscense for cPanel. It's not free.

In theory what they are doing is not really that big of a deal, the average user uses very little space as well as bandwidth, the majority of my users barely break 1gb/mo let alone 1tb. When you have a great amount of servers with a large amount of hard drive space as well of bandwidth that is unused why not offer it? The average consumer will see that they get everything unlimited and jump on it.

It's called over-selling budd, something you say in your signature, that you don't do. Unlimited simply dosen't exist, one user who uploads as much as possibly can, say 5000TB every day, will not see unlimited, he will get shut down for "other reasons"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back