• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hostgool - Is this what you call professional ?

Surfz

Hostgool - Providing Domain Services that doesn't exist!

Related to the following topic : http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2177533&highlight=hostgool

This is how the conversation went :

Asian Surfz
to sales

Dec 22 (2 days ago)
Hi there, i've paid through e-gold 2 hostgool's account for 2 domain names. support @ hostgool.com sent me this link http://www.hostgool.com/domain/ and i was confused about the hosting package needed 2 choose as i'm not hosted under hostgool.

sales@hostgool.com
to me

Dec 22 (2 days ago)

Hello Asian,

We need to setup your domains hosting to your domain, so if you need
to host them in hostgool - then we offer hosting starts from only
$1.59 up to 1000MB we offer a very fast servers and you will test this
your self, if you do not need to host them at hostgool we will fell
sorry but you can host your site out of hostgool and we give you the
the top 10 web hosting companies in the world to host your domains -
if you can not pay to any hosting company pay CC you we will help you
open your hosting account then will let you for them.
http://www.hostgool.com/huge-Space-and-bandwidth-special-offer.htm

Asian Surfz
to sales

Dec 22 (2 days ago)
i do not need hosting from hostgool neither from the offers. i just need the domain names and i have already paid for them.

sales@hostgool.com
to me

Dec 23 (1 day ago)

Hello,

Why you do not need your hosting from hostool we do not foce you to
host them with us, you can get hosting in many popular companis!, if
you do not want to all of this offers we can not give a discount and
you can get your domains on it's real prices.

Until now my domains are not registered and there isn't a single reply from them!
Note : Average email reply response time - (5-12 Hours)

So fellow FWS Users. Is this what you call professional ?

Last edited:
Sign up today for 100GB of web space and 1000GB of bandwidth for $3.95 per month*

I'd never trust such a business. I mean, overselling is a tool.. but not the only tool to rely on.

Yup, I agree.

That's too good of a deal. Who knew you had to get a hosting account to use the domain names.
I didn't even see any text related about that.

yeah, also that is massive overselling .... its not to bad on a small scale =)

Dude, the best thing to do is to register your domains yourself and then lodge a complaint in eGold (I dont know how it works though, but in PayPal its there.)

Before that guy buys your domains and registers it. Please go ahead and buy them yourself.

Egold works in such a way that you cannot recieve any kinds of refunds whatsoever, I've been scammed off EGold a lot of money and nothing was done about it.

I'd never trust such a business. I mean, overselling is a tool.. but not the only tool to rely on.
I've noticed about that but i was too careless and attracted to the price of the domain name offered so i didn't really take much consideration on the overselling part. How careless of me ...

Yup, I agree.

That's too good of a deal. Who knew you had to get a hosting account to use the domain names.
I didn't even see any text related about that.
Yup it is not even stated in the web nor in this particular topic create by hostgool's employee

Dude, the best thing to do is to register your domains yourself and then lodge a complaint in eGold (I dont know how it works though, but in PayPal its there.)

Before that guy buys your domains and registers it. Please go ahead and buy them yourself.
Well i've bought the domains from namecheap but i would definitely like to have the money refunded or at least an apology. Their ticket support system is useless and they reply e-mails like snails. besides that, they're enjoying christmas like nobody's business and my mails are being ignored!

Hello. Did you make backups on your PC? If yes, You had to change your hosting yourself.
I'm sorry I think you've posted this in the wrong topic.

What ?? :confused4

At the http://www.hostgool.com/domain/ page you posted it does force a choice of hosting package, unless that's been recently added, so did you take the package and want to move the domains or just have the DNS changed?
Hostgool's sales representatives did not inform or notify me in any form about Domain names registered must be attached to a hosting package from Hostgool or it's affiliates. Through e-mail, they even clearly stated that .com domain names are available for registration for 4.50 USD paid through E-Gold.
This topic is a good proof - http://freewebspace.net/forums/showt...light=hostgool

at least they don't overselling

They are not overselling ??? Then why are they advertising their affiliates business plans more than their's ? weird ain't it ?
Take a look http://hostgool.com/huge-Space-and-bandwidth-special-offer.htm

Did you even read the post? Or are you hallucinating?

Surfz, good job on buying them with Namecheap. How much did you lose alltogether?
Lost 9 USD and no reply until now so fellow mates please do not be fooled by Hostgool's extreme domain prices.

yes, the email sound like not at the professional level as we expected.

however, the statement spoken in correct. where domain special offers, only valid for new hosting plan with them.

there is other hosting company like : lypha
that offers $1 per domain, unlimited buying.
THis offer only valid for their hosting client only.

good luck! :beer:

no problem at all ... anyway just to let every know that since then no replies have been sent back to me and seems like they're dead !

no problem at all ... anyway just to let every know that since then no replies have been sent back to me and seems like they're dead !

Surfz, as was said so many times on this site, you get what you pay for.
Seriously, did you expect professionalism from them at that price?

well it's true that you get what you pay, and this rule applies to domain name registrations and hosting packages. which i initially didn't care much about the domain part ;) my bad but Hostgool really sux

Back