• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hotmail drops pop3 on 7/16

zoobie

Mile High Club
NLC
I just saw on another forum where Hotmail will drop their pop3 service 7/16. This means no more clients accessing your Hotmail account. You must now go online @ www.hotmail.com to get your mail...

I never got any notice...hmm :angry2:

<EDIT>That forum has now explained that you'll still be able to access Hotmail via clients...It's just that you can't access other pop3's into your Hotmail account...Big difference!:D </EDIT>

Last edited:
after hotmail.com drop their pop3 !!

does any1 know which e-mail provider with pop3 with 10 mb view pictuer msg like hotmail ???

Hoymail sucks i signed up for an account, I unchecked all the news letters etc and i got a spam the next day. No one knew about the e-mail...
kool huh
thats why i use my web site e-mail now witn how ever much megs I like

You get spam at hotmail because spammers send spam to everything imagineable@hotmail.com .

Also, I think you can check your hotmail with outlook. I don't think it's a pop3 service, but pretty much, since you can check it with outlook. Or maybe this is the "pop3 service". Whatever, just use the email your ISP gives you. Usually you can get multiple accounts.

I thought something sounded weird...

Now, that forum has explained that you'll still be able to access Hotmail via clients...It's just that you can't access other pop3's into your Hotmail account...Big difference!:D

20 Mb in a pop3 REALY FREE

Now we can't acces to other pop3 account from hotmail, but still we can use OE to chek the mails.
I know a pop3 account with 20 Mb. But when you accumulate more than 20 Mb they do not say anything to you.

www.enterate.com.ar

there, click in "Nueva Cuenta" (New account)
Complete the fields (Usuario=user, clave=password, apellido=last name, nombres = names, direccion = address, localidad = city, codigo postal = postal code, provincia = state, pais = country, telefono = phone, fecha de nacimiento = birthdate (dd/mm/aaaa), Sexo = gendler, pregunta = ask, respuesta = answer.

Greetings from Argentina.
Daniel alias elDani

Originally posted by silverstarfish

I guess I should pay attention a little more.. :D

If they're stopping POP3 service, I guess I'm going to have to stop using them :p
Originally posted by zoobie
I just saw on another forum where Hotmail will drop their pop3 service 7/16. This means no more clients accessing your Hotmail account. You must now go online @ www.hotmail.com to get your mail...

I never got any notice...hmm :angry2:

<EDIT>That forum has now explained that you'll still be able to access Hotmail via clients...It's just that you can't access other pop3's into your Hotmail account...Big difference!:D </EDIT>

guys if u read zoobie's post again, u can still get ur mail through OE :p

Back