• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hotpop.com

ian

I use yahoo mail and think it's the best, I use it with eudora but they will be disallowing pop access soon unless you pay. I don't want to use hotmail, you can only use it like pop in outlook express and I do not use outlook express.

Does anyone use hotpop.com? Do you know if they are reliable? If you have an adddress you want to trust the provider as I trust yahoo. Does anyone use a free pop address that they have had for a while other than yahoo? Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Ian

I use hotpop...They're good...very reliable, choice of extentions, and without hardly any spam.

Where did you hear yahoo was going to discontinue pop3? Please post the letter/article. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I couldn't find the first one fron last week, but here's the latest one:

Important service announcement: Please act by April 24th to continue using Yahoo! Mail Forwarding or POP access.

We noticed that you have not yet subscribed to Yahoo! Mail's enhanced POP access and Mail forwarding service. You have less than two weeks to subscribe before you lose the ability to access your messages with a POP client (such as Microsoft Outlook) or to forward your mail.

Introductory Offer:

Subscribe before April 24, 2002, and get the first year of service for just $19.99. That's 33% off the regular service fee of $29.99. If you subscribe after April 24, 2002, you may experience an interruption in service and the price will increase to $29.99.

New Features!

Send and receive more and bigger outgoing attachments -- up to 5MB per message.
Forward your Yahoo! Mail messages to another Yahoo! Mail account.
Remove the Yahoo! promotional text at the bottom of your emails.*
Plus, you can:

Read your mail in Outlook, Eudora, or another POP3 email client.
Forward your Yahoo! Mail messages to another email address.
Protect your account from becoming inactive.
Remember, you will no longer be able to access your Yahoo! Mail messages by POP or at another email address after April 24, 2002 unless you subscribe. Subscribe now to get the discounted introductory rate of $19.99 -- after April 24, 2002, the price will rise to $29.99.

If you have just subscribed to this service, please disregard this notification.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo! Mail Team

i used to use hotpop.com
then suddenly it started pulling the first 2 messages down from the server then the hotpop server stopped sending the messages:(

i used to use.. i still do.. but i can't because the computer that should using it.. mine doesn't have internet, because we just recently got cable.. so i have to wait until we can network it.. but otherwise... i think it is really good!

I just got 3 letters from Yahoo. Actually, I'm kinda glad because it now forces me to use hotpop and stop all that horrible spamming...:rolleyes:

Back