• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How about hostgator

zujee

Does somebody host web at hostgator

hostgator's price is fascinating,but I don't know it's quality.

Could you give me some opinion?

hostgator has a fairly good reputation, I have talked with the owner before and he is always over at WHT. He seems like a good guy and definately cares about his clients and business

2 years and 8 months of using shared hosting with Hostgator. They're been really good, and as far as I've seen, they've only been getting better. One of the most impressive things to me is that they grew very fast in the last couple of years, yet they succeeded to do so without noticeable growing pains.

It wasn't spamming. I think if your looking at a business and asking for opinions you should take the bad ones too. Here is the site:

http://www.hostgator-sucks.com/

I would have to say that they have a very high turn over rate by searching for reviews.

**Just to mention also that years back we were a hostgator customer with a reseller account. The site stayed down more than it stayed up.

Last edited:
I actually live like 2 minutes from their florida office in boca raton. Haven't checked them out yet but they are good from what I hear.

I've had a good month at HostGator, i simply won't be using it again, the support is fantastic, but the downtime, hmm a couple of minutes each day when im on, god knows when i'm not on, what the hell goes on.

Support : 9/10
Hosting: 6/10

Not bad, prices are good too.
I'd be careful though.

By the way, i still have a hostgator account if you wanna see the speed and test. drop me a pm.

- TaiLZ.

I've had a good month at HostGator, i simply won't be using it again, the support is fantastic, but the downtime, hmm a couple of minutes each day when im on, god knows when i'm not on, what the hell goes on.
I don't know... probably something wrong on that server you're on. Uptime is the main thing that impresses me about Hostgator.

Did you try monitoring uptime with something like host-tracker.com? Maybe there's something wrong with the connection between your ISP and HG, and the server isn't actually going offline.

Did you check the server load right after the downtime? Did you enquire support about this downtime you're noticing?

I don't know... probably something wrong on that server you're on. Uptime is the main thing that impresses me about Hostgator.

Did you try monitoring uptime with something like host-tracker.com? Maybe there's something wrong with the connection between your ISP and HG, and the server isn't actually going offline.

Did you check the server load right after the downtime? Did you enquire support about this downtime you're noticing?

No, but i love Hostgator, its a great site, even more cause they even offer PayPal.

'Web 3.0' does exist already and is used by many. It's just using stuff like AJAX/Scriptolicious etc.
the only thing I can say is good about HostGator is they use servers from ThePlanet.

Back