• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how can i register

mshiva

How can I register a domain name of 2 or 1 characters.
For ex.: xx.com, 1.com, co.hy, 2.ki

godaddy did not let me do it.

also how much can it cost?

Last edited:
cause it is not a real domain like a .com or something like that. with something that is a top level domain, you need 3 characters.

I asked how did the company co.nr,
registered the the domain "co.nr"
ie. a "co" name of the .nr TLD.

you can have two character domains with some tld's, but yesterday when I checked, there were NONE available for any tld that namecheap can register ......

you can have two character domains with some tld's, but yesterday when I checked, there were NONE available for any tld that namecheap can register ......

when did they change the rule. i tried about a year ago to get one, and i couldnt, so, i emailed the support team, and they said it had to be 3 characters.

No, you cannot register 2 letter domains anymore. You used to be able to, but ICANN stopped it. (I think, as far as I know). All three letter (.com) are gone, and most of the pronouncable four letter ones.

Yeah you can mshiva, just keep looking for ccTLDs that have 2 letters free. There's quite a lot of them, although if you want a CO.** it'll be a few thousand from .af or similar.

Back