• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How can you compete with constant overselling!

gotlinks

I am sorta scanning the threads to see who sells for what..
and some of the offers I see are just out of this world, almost
99% of hosting companies on this forum are massively overselling.

I am currently with a host that is massively oversold me
on bandwith, but they have guaranteed me that I would not have
problems, and I would be able to use whatever I got with them., they
also have massive support which comes in handy when server problems
come up, but alot of these smaller oversellers, can not offer such support.

so why is it important to sell hosting at $1 or 2 with massive
benefits, or reseller for $5 with massive benefits. You would have
to have a 1000 accounts to actually make any decent
money from hosting, and not only that, with 1000
accounts, you can not provide quality hosting, you are
just providing quanity hosting, you are just using more
server resources, and I am sure you will be doing constant
server maintaince because of the server loads with
all those accounts you are trying to cram on one server.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
even at $5/month with 1000 accounts a provider would have to be hoping that not much client support is needed. There's not a lot of net revenue available there to be hiring many support staff.

woudl you please check your email gotlinks we have been trying to communicate with you about the issue we had can you please respond.

I'm not overselling and doing fine.

Admittingly, some people can oversell and actually be just fine. Others collapse the next month.

I'm surprised you decided to go with a host that does overselling to be honest. Not sure why, but whatever makes you happy.

I'm not overselling and doing fine.

Admittingly, some people can oversell and actually be just fine. Others collapse the next month.

I'm surprised you decided to go with a host that does overselling to be honest. Not sure why, but whatever makes you happy.

I am not proud of going with an overseller. I would have been
happy with much less. This is not what sold me anyway. I have
to be sold on support. When you can get your questions answer
at 3/4am then that is good support. When they can monitor their
servers round the clock then that is good support. Because if
I can not provide the client with quality hosting, then they
will go somewhere else fairly fast, and if my hosting company
can not provide me with the same, then I will go someplace
else very fast also. Quality Server, and support is a must!
and I did ask them about their massive overselling, they said
they owned their own servers, and could backup their claims.
If I find that out not to be true, then I will be with someone else.

I am not proud of going with an overseller. I would have been
happy with much less. This is not what sold me anyway. I have
to be sold on support. When you can get your questions answer
at 3/4am then that is good support. When they can monitor their
servers round the clock then that is good support. Because if
I can not provide the client with quality hosting, then they
will go somewhere else fairly fast, and if my hosting company
can not provide me with the same, then I will go someplace
else very fast also. Quality Server, and support is a must!
and I did ask them about their massive overselling, they said
they owned their own servers, and could backup their claims.
If I find that out not to be true, then I will be with someone else.

What, socheaphost?. He was on a VPS last I heard.

99% of hosting companies on this forum are massively overselling.

I don't think so but maybe the percentage a bit lower.

Anyway, it's more on how you plan to run your hosting business. If your targeted customer is for business people or local company, it's no need to oversell because this kind of people they don't care about price but more consent on stability and reliability.

Thanks,

I don't think so but maybe the percentage a bit lower.

Anyway, it's more on how you plan to run your hosting business. If your targeted customer is for business people or local company, it's no need to oversell because this kind of people they don't care about price but more consent on stability and reliability.

Thanks,

true, I guess it is how good you can present yourself. if you can offer
quality and reliability, then they will come, others will just scatter
around to lower quality, higher quanity, and may not care if
their domain stays up or not...I have been with those hosts
myself, where my domain was down 20-30 times a day, it is
not a good feeling when you have to wonder if your website
is up doing what it was designed to do.

I'm not entirely sure socheaphost is an overseller , but , like I said , I'm not sure .
You should reply to his email if he claims he can help you .

Even my prices are very low , but I don't oversell , it's my policy not to do that . I had made it to be so that more people can afford it .

Anyways , good luck with your hosting got links and hope you can solve your issue with socheaphost .

Best Regards,
Aloycasmir

we are not an overseller and this member is no longer with us. we had some server issues, and we have refunded his money.

I'm not entirely sure socheaphost is an overseller , but , like I said , I'm not sure .
You should reply to his email if he claims he can help you .

Even my prices are very low , but I don't oversell , it's my policy not to do that . I had made it to be so that more people can afford it .

Anyways , good luck with your hosting got links and hope you can solve your issue with socheaphost .

Best Regards,
Aloycasmir

This was not about @socheap it was the
one after him...now im sitting here with
a closed account...

You have to think about it, Not many people are overselling its just those company's that just want to do it and are going to fail or something is going to happen to them.

You have to think about it, Not many people are overselling its just those company's that just want to do it and are going to fail or something is going to happen to them.

If the company doing the best service for their customers and they (customers ) are satisfied - that doesn't matter what is used as web hosting solution

Most people look at two things when buying hosting: how much resources they get, the price they have to pay. If you don't satisfy them with these two top requirements, you will lose their attention and their business.

Most people look at two things when buying hosting: how much resources they get, the price they have to pay. If you don't satisfy them with these two top requirements, you will lose their attention and their business.
Absolutely!
But in amonth or two they will make decision to stay or to leave according to the level of service quality

hi,

it is tough. check out ebay LOL. everything is over sold and under priced.

overselling is ok though. especially in the master reseller and alpha master reseller space because most don't ever use what is sold to them.....but it is ok if you have an effective management and expansion plan which you can move accounts between servers.

it is the hosts which don't have a real plan in place to manage the network they are building that causes the problem. i recommend setting up two sights. one which promotes overselling and one which doesn't. provide equal promotion to both on multiple boxes and staging servers to guage usage by each client and manage it as one network.

kevin

zamfoo I'm sure through overselling web hosts would like to attract a lot of attention to their own services. Nothing more actually

Overselling is quite common these days, almost "expected"
There's a few hosts out there that really stick to the 100% no oversold but there's no magic formula, you have to base it off system resources and consumption

Another thing to consider is very few sites will actually even come close to using all of the offered resources, in fact the majority of accounts most providers have only use like 50MB and maybe 5GB/month at most.

Meaning they can get away with putting more accounts on a given machine than that machine actually has capacity for, because the bulk of said accounts will never actually use enough capacity to cause a problem.

I dislike this practice as well, since there's no way I can directly compete with a lot of these grossly oversold cloud hosters using what I can currently obtain for hardware.

But that's the big difference between going for some huge franchise or company making incredibly good deals, and a smaller company with a more conservative package. You can tell who is overselling, and who isn't.

Back