• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you come up with a Hosting Company Name?

The thing is I don't know of any good themes to go around with my site and I don't have any sort of favorite noun at all. I tried the random letters thing and short words made into abbreviations and all I got was "panda in my pants" hosting. Well, a friend of mine got that.

TehHost is the best I've got thus far, but it's not the greatest...maybe I'm just saying that because I always seem to think that most of the things that I'm controlling (ie, this web host I'm making) could always be better. For whatever reason, I'm never satisfied with anything I create. Although I didn't create this name. lol

TehHost is good imo.
Plus the .com domain is available.

Grab it while it lasts :)

And you can have Teh Starter Plan and Teh Medium plan and so on :p

"Teh Starter Plan"? "Teh Medium Plan"? No, no.. you need names that match the theme..!

"Teh OMG ima n00b!!1" plan, "Teh 1337 LOLO" plan, "TeH PWNAGE~!1" plan, and so on..

lol...I'm actually only planning on one plan to start with. But if I were to get more plans, I'll put stabme's idea, and then a translation below it like Wojtek's. :)

uh.. don't do that. it's just bad PR. people would think you're like a punk or "l33t" based host, and might be unreliable or not last very long :p

stabme said:
uh.. don't do that. it's just bad PR. people would think you're like a punk or "l33t" based host, and might be unreliable or not last very long :p

Luckily for me, I'm only going to be hosting about 10-20 people max. Plus, I was only joking about using the "omfgfk!1!one!11 Im n0-0b!" stuff.

The "Teh Starter Plan" and stuff might work though.

Are you saying I'll be getting 5% of your profits annually as a royalty fee for finding a company name and plan names? :p

Chose a name that is short and memorable so your customers can easily remember it. It is also helpful to get a name that is not close to any other hosts name. Brandable domain names are important if you seek to make a name for your company. Stay away from hypens and by all means get a .com

Once you find a suitable name, look for alternatives that are close to yours and register them as well in order to protect your investment.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Back