• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how does one become a host

squeaky_clean

say I was an idiot, and didnt know anything, so from step one, what would it take to become a host, I already know a lot, but I know im missing quite a bit, I can feel it.

rent a few dedicated servers

get scripts and stuff set up

work out a way to make it all profitable.

:)

*.com.kg no longer free after 4th May. You need to have your domain :)

Originally posted by wreed
MSN I know that, there message seemed to confuse me, is it 6,500 a year or 6.50 a year?

from the email i got:
-------
- 3rd level domain name registration fee - $6.2 per year (including taxes)

- 3rd level domain name renewal fee - $6.2 per year (including taxes)
--------

- SF

COM.KG, NET.KG, ORG.KG - US$5.00/year (without taking taxes into account)

Originally posted by Aube
i don't know really about it but that would i would do if i got money and would be a bit older
http://www.rackshack.net/ you buy a dedicater and them and host people and the price it a good deal too

if you buy from rackshack, you'll have to install everything, apache, linux/windows, perl, php, mysql, etc. manually.

im considering doing a hosting bit for my m8 we only want to make a host on his broadband connection we only want to do a host 4 us so when we are in collage we can access things on the host machine, can any 1 help me i would like to know what would the easyest OS to set up like freebsd/redhat ? i tryed mandrake and didnt like it or is there a package that i could use to run cgi etc for win98? i will require php,mysql & cgi & ftp

There is somewhat of a problem making a webserver on a broadband connection. Number 1, most ISP's don't allow you to host your own web server. How do i know this? Because i tried it myself. But, if you find a way around it pls let me know. I've heard of something like IP routing, or something along those lines. Neways, if you wanna run a windows server, use Xitami (www.download.com) and search for xitami. Best webserver there is for windows. Plus, goto www.php.net and download the php plugin, they even have a self installer for xitami which makes it run perfectly. Use activestate perl for your cgi works great with xitami as well. If you are going to run a Linux server, use Redhat linux, it has everything pre-installed and ready to go.

gl to ya.

Back