• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How fast can you type?

Robert said:
But on WPP TT I do about 120-140 wpp. With little mistakes.Been typing fro ugg 12 years now.

well, based off that one sentence, what could we expect of your actual typing accuracy? :D

I could learn to type fast but the whole process is so BORING!

I'm a supporter of the new voice to text software. That way, you just talk and the computer types!

or not...

voice recognition for typing can only make a generation of lazy people even more lazy... training the damn thing can also be annoying..

give me an IBM Model M any day...

I type an average speed of about 60 - 70 words per minute with and up to speeds of 80 at times.

I do this touch typing and belive me. If you run your own website and you can't touch type then I would learn if I was you as it is a very, very large advantage when you do online promotion for your site. For example, writting articles, submit your site to web directories, etc.

subimitting your side to web directories doesn't require one to be able to type at 60+wpm...

I really dunno how fast I type, nor even really care for that matter, but it's fast enough.

When I had to take a typing class 5 years ago in high-school I averaged around 50-60 WPM.

I don't type properly by any means though. I've never once used the left shift key and I don't hit each key with the proper finger, but whatever works.

I'm not saying that you have to type 60 wpm to submit your site to web directories. I'm just saying that it is a very big advantage if you can touch type as doing tasks like this can speed things up when you know how to touch type.

touch typing is no longer a real skill though, at least for those graduating from school 2000+

everyone these days can touch type....

You have finished in exactly: 604.109 seconds, your best time is: 604.109 seconds.

Damn ADHD.

It may not be, but it is very handy to know. Not many people down my way can touch type. Probably 1 in 10 or worse.

tandoc said:
touch typing is no longer a real skill though, at least for those graduating from school 2000+

everyone these days can touch type....

There's a RIGHT shift key?

Weird... so that's what i've been binding to 'Select' in emulators for all these years...

Never really gave it that much thought really but I know it is normally pretty fast when I don't make a mistake lol. I said any where between 40 to 100.

Romeo :)

Back