• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

html editor

Gear-Host

I need a free wysiwyg html editor something like frontpage that will run on Windows ME. Got to be free...

Thanks.

If you don't mind the horrible HTML that Word generates, then use it. Sometimes it works.

NVU Web Authoring System f

Gear-Host said:
I need a free wysiwyg html editor something like frontpage that will run on Windows ME. Got to be free...

Thanks.
I just read about NVU

http://www.nvu.com/

Nvu Features
Check out the latest features and screenshots for Nvu here!

* WYSIWYG editing of pages, making web creation as easy as typing a letter with your word processor.
* Integrated file management via FTP. Simply login to your web site and navigate through your files, editing web pages on the fly, directly from your site.
* Reliable HTML code creation that will work with all of today's most popular browsers.
* Jump between WYSIWYG Editing Mode and HTML using tabs.
* Tabbed editing to make working on multiple pages a snap.
* Powerful support for forms, tables, and templates.
* The easiest-to-use, most powerful Web Authoring System available for Desktop Linux, Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh users.

Open Source
Nvu is 100% open source. This means anyone is welcome to download Nvu at no charge, including the source code if you need to make special changes.

Try it. Tell us how you like it. Can it really rival Dreamweaver?

Im using NVU. It's free and fully satisfied with it.
why not try yourself? It's light(fast load) and easy to use.

robert allen said:
I found NVU buggy. I am running XP Pro.

Thanks for the warning. I had just read about NVU elsewhere prior to answering the question from Gear-Host.

I have to be careful of buggy apps! Can you provide more details concerning the program's "bugginess?"

If you don't agree with the NVU suggestion, what free
html editor would you recommend?

first things first, GET RID OF ME. ME sucks. it is very buggy and unstable. use XP Pro or 2000 pro. either way, no matter what you use, i like Dreamweaver. You can get a free trial and purchase after 30 days if you want. you can get it free too, but obviously pirated. email me if you need more info.

rhianna said:
Thanks for the warning. I had just read about NVU elsewhere prior to answering the question from Gear-Host.

I have to be careful of buggy apps! Can you provide more details concerning the program's "bugginess?"

If you don't agree with the NVU suggestion, what free
html editor would you recommend?
It randomly closes.
It will not save, and shows a terminate this program error.
Tabs stops working for no apparent reason.

In otherwords, frontpage is your best bet. www.bluevoda.com

That one is good, but you cannot use it unless you pay for hosting with them, as it codes in a different language, so it is not really a HTML editor.

www.evrsoft.com <- That is a good HTML editor, go to the 2000 edition, the 2006 beta edition is very buggy and it generally rubbish. (Mega meta tag generator bug i found.)

http://www.mpsoftware.dk/downloads.php <- That is a php/html editor, and i used to use it until i moved to more advanced stuff.

The best way is just to use php and include the menu.

Like this;

<?php require_once('menu.php'); ?>

Tree NC said:
That took me a little but to figure out what you meant by that post. I thought you were asking for a mod to ban you or something.

Yeah, especcially as in the longest thread ever he said he was drunk :eek: :p

Back