• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

http://www.neoteens.org

acetg

Hey all. Try http://www.neoteens.org out! Its pretty kewl. Its pretty "basic" too. I am working on adding lots more stuff, but i have a busy busy life. :eek:) hehe. Please tell me if you like/dislike Neoteens. Im gonna add a "Rate This Site" thing on the main page soon.

I understand you must be busy with all these unlimited hosts you open all the time. What do you expect us to rate? A service we just heard of or a web page under construction?

I dont OWN OWN Mifix..I am just staff there. I hope you didnt get the impression that i OWN it. i OWN NeoTeens

Meoooow ? Are you happy with the Advanced Hosting Package?
Any problem with Password Protected Directories?
I will provide SSL soon~

Excuse me for asking, but why would you need to know your members'
1. Street address, city, state, zip, country - whatcha gonna do, send them free catalogs?
2. Telephone number, ICQ number - for what, tech support?!
3. Gender - who cares if the guy's a male or female?
4. Marital status - does it matter if they're married or divorced or single?
5. Highest level of education completed - okay, so what can do you do if you knew the guy only completed elementary school?
6. Household income - I really want to know why you're interested in how much money the guy's family gets annualy.
7. Occupation - so you're going to refuse to host if the guy's a police or a surgeon?
8. DOB - heh, the guy will be expecting presents. :rolleyes:
9. Age - ?

So my question is: what are you planning to do with all those information? Besides, you probably already know that 99% of the people won't be truthful, so if you're doing a survey or whatever they say they do with the info (they call it graphical information???), you're not getting the real results.

And yes, I know those aren't required fields, but since they aren't, then why bother asking?

Originally posted by LeX
1. Street address, city, state, zip, country - whatcha gonna do, send them free catalogs?
2. Telephone number, ICQ number - for what, tech support?!
3. Gender - who cares if the guy's a male or female?
4. Marital status - does it matter if they're married or divorced or single?
5. Highest level of education completed - okay, so what can do you do if you knew the guy only completed elementary school?
6. Household income - I really want to know why you're interested in how much money the guy's family gets annualy.
7. Occupation - so you're going to refuse to host if the guy's a police or a surgeon?
8. DOB - heh, the guy will be expecting presents. :rolleyes:
9. Age - ?

I think having all that info makes it harder for abusers to make thousands of accounts and swamp the system

they probably dont expect real info but if they get pissed off at you for some reason they could use false info as one of there excuses for banning you

Plus they probably forgot to change the script along with the "url.com/username" portion with it, LOL...so sad.

Originally posted by zazoo

I think having all that info makes it harder for abusers to make thousands of accounts and swamp the system

they probably dont expect real info but if they get pissed off at you for some reason they could use false info as one of there excuses for banning you [/B]

I assumed that if this was a privatly owned host (small buisness) they wouldn't need any specific reason for banning. :) I can understand the reason for requiring address type information, but household income, DOB, education level, is fairly irrelavant in my opinion.

He sure isnt keith. The only fields that are required are Name, Email, and username. Also, Even if all those other fields were required, I think I am smart enough to know that 99% of the internet community wouldnt enter factual information. In fact, I hope most people would be smarter than that anyways. No server is 100% Secure I dont care what! And hackers are always out there. I do what I can to secure Neoteens AND mifix and that is all i can do. So Lex, Before you go blabbing, "Why do you need all this & why do i "have" to fill it out", you should probally CHECk it out first.

Originally posted by acetg
So Lex, Before you go blabbing, "Why do you need all this & why do i "have" to fill it out", you should probally CHECk it out first.

Correct me if I am wrong. But isn't that exactly what he's doing? He's asking you before he comes to some conclusion and spreads word about it. I don't know maybe it's just the way I interpret things.

And that webmaster is using a cracked version of HomeFree.

IF you login here:
http://www.neoteens.org/cgi-bin/admin.cgi

Just enter without typing login and password, it shows:

####################################################
Home Free Error

Incorrect Password --

If you are having problems running Home Free
please post a message to the Home Free Forum (NOT!!)

Maybe so, they shouldn't do that! And they should put a case on that machine!

Anyway for anyone who is interested here is a basic speed test I have put on neoteens and on geocities. (I used the test on toast.net - hence that's why the results go to that page, but it does test the host it loads the image off initially. Toast.net just draws the graph.

http://www.neoteens.org/webguyuk/test.htm

and compare that to geocities http://www.geocities.com/webguy_uk/test.htm

Post your results here. I got:
Neoteens: 92k
Geocities: 233k

Originally posted by YUPAPA
And that webmaster is using a cracked version of HomeFree.

IF you login here:
http://www.neoteens.org/cgi-bin/admin.cgi

Just enter without typing login and password, it shows:

Home Free Error

Incorrect Password --

If you are having problems running Home Free
please post a message to the Home Free Forum (NOT!!)

You were using cracked version too before

Just let him run his hosting service
Who knows what'll happen to him when SS finds out about this

Originally posted by YUPAPA
Meoooow ? Are you happy with the Advanced Hosting Package?
Any problem with Password Protected Directories?
I will provide SSL soon~

meow, u bought the YUPAPA advance plan?
cool

btw, neoteens uses homefree and most of the hosting that are about the same uses homefree too! strange huh?

Back