• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I am in need of free hosting

Omari

I need all of the following:

20+ megs

cgi-bin

php or ssi support

allow me to place my own ads on it

i must be allowed to get thousands of visitors a day

Acceptable Ads:

one pop up on my index.html only

a banner that i can place wherever i want in order for it to fit in with my design

i would also like it if there was somthing better than whats listed above like a button or no ads but that probly won't happen.

PLEASE DON'T SAY HYPERMART OR VIRTUALAVE, I AM LOOKING FOR THEIR COMPETITION, and they will end up deleting my site because it is a video game site that uses a ubb like message board.

please don't say f2s either due to this at the bottom of their sign up page.

"PLEASE NOTE: The new webservers are currently experimental - we expect them to be quite unstable for a few weeks. Only signup now if you do not mind lots of downtime!"

:( since 13 people viewed and none replied that means it doesn't exist right? tell me somthing people. even if its somthing similiar.

dang man, 54 views, one person tryed to help.

please tell me somthing close if you know of anything. i need this bad.

Originally posted by Omari
I need all of the following:
20+ megs
cgi-bin
php or ssi support

Acceptable Ads:
one pop up on my index.html only

a banner that i can place wherever i want in order for it to fit in with my design

I think the kicker is the combination of some of the more rare things a FWP usually offers. You might find it on a newer (haven't learned yet) place, but I doubt all of these things on many of the more reputable/dependable FWPs.

I'm responsible for 4 of those views (make that 5) :)

they place the banner at the very top which messes up my site's layout

Your asking for to much for free and being way to picky IMHO.

Originally posted by Nick
they place the banner at the very top which messes up my site's layout

Your asking for to much for free and being way to picky IMHO.

no. 20 megs is not alot of space. perl is somthing all host should have, its easy to install, i even have it on my computer, and nobody wants a banner to mess up their layout and they should be allowed to fit it in with their site.

no. 20 megs is not alot of space.

Some might disagree. 20MBs can hold about 5 different sites if they don't have a crap load of downloads and stuff.

perl is somthing all host should have, its easy to install, i even have it on my computer

Ever thought of the fact that it could be a security risk in the eyes of some hosts. Just cause you can put it on your computer don't mean jack.

nobody wants a banner to mess up their layout and they should be allowed to fit it in with their site.

In other words, you wanna put it at the bottom so the host makes no money? That's really fair /sarcasm

Why not just take what's available and not shoot down everything else?

Originally posted by Nick
nobody wants a banner to mess up their layout and they should be allowed to fit it in with their site.

In other words, you wanna put it at the bottom so the host makes no money? That's really fair /sarcasm

So, Nick, in other words, you agree that FWP's should place the banner at the top of everyone's pages so that the visitor clicks on it and bypasses the member's site; [sarcasm] that's a real nice way to provide free hosting.[/sarcasm] Then what's the point of building your own website if all of its traffic is just going to go to advertisers? Like it's going to make a difference in the amount of money a host receives if the host places the banner at the bottom of the page instead of the top? A banner impression is a banner impression is a banner impression; that's all there is to it! Webdude, back me up on this.
Besides, who really clicks on those banner advertisements anyway? Not me.

Before the argument about the obligations/rights of FWPs begins , I just thought I'd mention that I signed up for a second site with f2s recently, despite that warning. I did it because it was just a personal site, so I could easily take a chance on downtime and I wanted to use frames, so banners are pain for that. The downtime has been very, very minimal. I use it for a personal portal, so I'm on it most of the day and night. I'd know if it was down. As good as anyone could expect for free regardless of that warning. The speed has mostly been decent, too.

I have no idea about bandwidth restrictions, if any, there, though.

Originally posted by Cracker
So, Nick, in other words, you agree that FWP's should place the banner at the top of everyone's pages so that the visitor clicks on it and bypasses the member's site; [sarcasm] that's a real nice way to provide free hosting.[/sarcasm]

If they need to make money so be it, and that was quite a dumbass thing you did there. Considering the fact that you think noboy clicks on those banners and you don't click on those banners why would someone bypass the site because of them. I mean no body ever clicks those things /sarcasm

Then what's the point of building your own website if all of its traffic is just going to go to advertisers?

But you think noboy ever clicks on them so how would your traffic go to the advertisers? /sarcasm

Like it's going to make a difference in the amount of money a host receives if the host places the banner at the bottom of the page instead of the top? A banner impression is a banner impression is a banner impression; that's all there is to it! Webdude, back me up on this.

What if Omari uses a game host that uses PAY-PER-CLICK? Huh? If it's on the bottom and nobody sees it it wont make revenue. Webdude, back me up on this ;)

Besides, who really clicks on those banner advertisements anyway? Not me.

Exactly! So why are you whining about loosing traffic to them?

Would you guys just shut it, your doin me head in!!
Might as well help you out while i'm here so....UK Linux
the offer is almost identical to f2s but they never seem to have downtime, a quality host :)

another one is hypermart ... jeeze it has SSI, 20 megs, cgi, allows you to put banner ads where u want

Back