• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I am uber now! :)

In binary, only two possibilities exist: "true" or "false". They are called Boolean Values and when converted to Boolean Numbers they are represented as 1 (for true) and 0 (for false).

Boolean numbers are manipulated through operations called Boolean Algebra. In Boolean Algebra, 1 + 1 = 10; read as, "one plus one equals one zero" and not [strike]"one plus one equals ten"[/strike]. This is because only one and zero exists and nothing else, so you may see the number written as 10 but it doesn't mean ten nor it is read as such.

Conclusion: Boolean which is also called binary is so simple that you have to deal with only 1 and 0. It's either true or false. Boolean is not compatible with politics and politicians, where people use vague answers such as "somewhat true" , "maybe false", "you're slightly correct"....etc.

Homework:
Have a research on the term "don't care" in binary operations. What does it mean and when do we use it?.

Last edited:
Dayu said:
Homework: Have a research on the term "don't care"

What I find ironic in this quote is that he doesn't care about me learning Binary... well if you didn't care than why'd you post such a long message... unless I took it out of context, than I'm sorry :)

Garfield+ said:
well, what on earth can you use binery for??

LOLz... funny enough, in this digital and automated world I still use binary in our job (which is more ironic for being an Analog Design Engineer) to express certain amounts that machines have to adjust. So yeah, binary helps me bring dollars and yen in my pocket...not bad. :classic2:

stuffradio said:
What I find ironic in this quote is that he doesn't care about me learning Binary... well if you didn't care than why'd you post such a long message... unless I took it out of context, than I'm sorry :)

When you go on higher learnings about binary manipulations and can understand de Morgen's Theorem...etc, you will encounter the word "don't care". Binary seems a dull subject for using only ones and zeros, but it is interesting enough to use the words "negate", "don't care", and "xor". You'll stumble with "don't care" when your reached Karnaugh's Map.

Garfield+ said:
well, what on earth can you use binery for??
*binary

It's used to translate every hard drive, motherboard, compact disc, even floppy disk, basically everything that contains any data (apart from paper and the likes :lol:).

Garfield, I think you would like this website:
www.howstuffworks.com (>bytes)

Dayu said:
LOLz... funny enough, in this digital and automated world I still use binary in our job (which is more ironic for being an Analog Design Engineer) to express certain amounts that machines have to adjust. So yeah, binary helps me bring dollars and yen in my pocket...not bad. :classic2:
Well in that case it's not that bad any way.. :beer:

But can you multiply and divide in binary...or, better yet, wire together a circuit to do so?

If you can, you are one step closer to making the next Pentium.

But binary is so 1940's. Quantum computing is where to be...true...false...true AND false. That is like...uber superimposed on...uber.

Back