• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I Can't Get Visitors to my Website!!!

giba_choo

I have set up a tennis community. I just can't seem to get any members. I have tried everything- free-banners doesn't do a thing. Surf for hits gets me visitors, but they only stay for a second. Search engine submission isn't helping. I know that a succesful tennis community is possible, take a look at WTAworld.com and Menstennisforums.com- they have thousands of members, hundreds active every day. I have SMF working on my site at the moment. Have a look if you like- http://www.wtntennis.info

The secret would be to have serious content/posts. A new community is doomed to premature death if the admin is not willing to create many new posts.

I see you have made a crowded category system. Is not bad IF you can fill them with threads. On a normal way you should have less categories and many threads in them so that people will have the "popular and crowded" forum feeling. I have also made my categories in great numbers but I have also started a killer program of making new threads on a daily basis.

If you want people to feel your forums are popular you need at least 10-15 threads in each category. Try to open subjects and many of them should be questions: Who do you think is the best tennis player, what are your favourite sports and so on. Don't leave out the general topics, people feel comfy to talk about themselves and then get to the serious stuff.

As a general rule new members are willing to reply more than start new threads, that's why you need to take the destiny in your hands and be awfully creative. In my forums I have a 3rd of the total post count (it's a small community and still I have made over 800 posts) and 80% of the topics have been started by me. Try to post 3-4 new topics daily and in time you'll have visitors and members.

Should you need more ideas and assistance, I'm here ;)

You can also try making post exchanges with other forum owners. That helped a lot when I began a forum I used to have

Do you know another forum or site

Find sites with similar interests and maybe you can find link partners or forums that allow ads to your site in the siggy.

Making many new threds and posts will help it grow. you can also promote the site free by building backlinks which will help you rank better in the SE's

also if you want a faster way to get the ball rolling you might want to pay some people to post this can be done for around $25 and you can get a lot of new posts and threds.

No I don't.

Users active- 0 guests, 1 member (ME)

I have about 8 regular posters, I'd say that "no visitors" is a fair statement.

I have worked tirelessly promoting my site, site maps, Dmoz submission, Manual submission to several search engines, lots of posting, layout modifications. Still, I can't seem to get indexed in any of the search engines.

giba_choo said:
No I don't.

Users active- 0 guests, 1 member (ME)

I have about 8 regular posters, I'd say that "no visitors" is a fair statement.

I have worked tirelessly promoting my site, site maps, Dmoz submission, Manual submission to several search engines, lots of posting, layout modifications. Still, I can't seem to get indexed in any of the search engines.

My friend told me that google doesn't like to index forum-only sites, and that you have to do quite a bit of manual SEO to get it indexed.

I have the same problem with my site, can't get it indexed for some reason. I can in Yahoo and Excite and MSN, just not in the most essential: google.

hey

I cant get my site on a search engine i can t get 1 visitor that i dont know. i got my www.DSWifiClan.tk on the engine some how but not my forums. and still no onbe has seen my dswificlan.tk since it is so low in ranks. any suggestions?

Fmlyguy1993 said:
I cant get my site on a search engine i can t get 1 visitor that i dont know. i got my www.DSWifiClan.tk on the engine some how but not my forums. and still no onbe has seen my dswificlan.tk since it is so low in ranks. any suggestions?
Your website needs optimized content and you should also follow SEO guidelines. To improve search engine ranking and get more traffic to your site, you need to consider following points,
- You should submit or suggest site to search engines.
- You should create backlinks to popular and relevant sites to get immediately benefits from exposures that site recieves.
- Affiliate programs is the great way to get other people as affiliates to promote your site.
- You should always encourage people to pass on information. Word of mouth is the best tool to promote your product and services. :classic2:

Well i use sep tools and submitted to over 60000 engines and my page with no content at all nothing no liks just a title shot up to a page rank 4

Lamba said:
Well i use sep tools and submitted to over 60000 engines and my page with no content at all nothing no liks just a title shot up to a page rank 4
wow, this is amazing

I know it was an index2.html testing a layout, and i just checked it ( i was using index.php for my main site) and i looked up and green! In my google toolbar and pagerank 4 and i thought ohwell because i was using my .php not the html =D

Back