• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I Didn't Use Iframes!!!

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
Yes folks, for like the first time in about a year, I didn't use iframes in my design. :D

Anyways, it's like version #14 or something, I've kind of lost count. Well, it's either version 10.4 or version 14, depending on how you wanna look at it.
OK, I'll shutup now.

No special requirements this time, but best viewed in (Well, I think so anyway): IE4+, 1024x768 and using CSS...

http://www.bittergirl.net

Comments/suggestions/anything else is very welcome, thanks guys. :cool:

you used electroharmonix! :eek: :biggrin2: i like that font, i downloaded it the first time i saw it. it looks good in your design.
the design is cool, me likes. ...i don't like pink but you make it look good. nice. :)

Originally posted by byrdgirl13
you used electroharmonix! :eek: :biggrin2: i like that font, i downloaded it the first time i saw it. it looks good in your design.
the design is cool, me likes. ...i don't like pink but you make it look good. nice. :)

Yeah I did... I have well over 1000 fonts, so I'll probably forget the name of it and never use it again like I usually do, so enjoy it ;).

I LOVE pink!!!

Like usual I am loving it :D

Coupe suggestions:

1. Remove that little suggestion on the first page that loads. Just go right to main page. I can understand your reasoning behind this, but who can honestly say they change their browser or screen resolution just to look at one site... ya know?

2. Maybe some rollovers. Nothing fancy or to complex. Keep it simple so it loads fast, but rollovers are nice.

Other than that, I like it a lot. The pink looks awesome, the navigation looks awesome and I DO NOT think it is too skinny :)

Thanks,

Mekhu

Originally posted by Mekhu
Like usual I am loving it :D

Coupe suggestions:

1. Remove that little suggestion on the first page that loads. Just go right to main page. I can understand your reasoning behind this, but who can honestly say they change their browser or screen resolution just to look at one site... ya know?

2. Maybe some rollovers. Nothing fancy or to complex. Keep it simple so it loads fast, but rollovers are nice.

Other than that, I like it a lot. The pink looks awesome, the navigation looks awesome and I DO NOT think it is too skinny :)

Thanks,

Mekhu

Thanks! :D

1/ Yeah I was thinking about removing the splash page actually, it doesn't really serve a purpose... Unless I make a nice image to go there, but even then...

2/ Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a fiddle with some rollover effects for the buttons. ;)

Originally posted by lotsofissues
I'm just bothered by the unused space on the right. Would centering be so horrible?

*Sigh* :rolleyes:

Actually, the unused space on the right is good because then it means that anyone with their screens set under 8x6 will be able to see it without having to scroll, which is why I suspect she designed it that way.

Actually, the unused space on the right is good because then it means that anyone with their screens set under 8x6 will be able to see it without having to scroll, which is why I suspect she designed it that way.
What?

It's 610 pixels wide. Whether its centered or not, it's still 610 pixels wide. Changing the <div align="left"> to <div align="center"> will not cause a horizontal scrollbar at 640x480.

It is your best yet +chips :) I like it better without the iframe. Cool site! Centering it would be great and for the love of God, get a colored scroll bar, it would add the perfect touch.

Originally posted by guitarnerd
It is your best yet +chips :) I like it better without the iframe. Cool site! Centering it would be great and for the love of God, get a colored scroll bar, it would add the perfect touch.

What is it with you people and coloured scroll bars? :p I have two browsers I use - Opera and IE5... I know IE5 doesn't support coloured scrollbars (only IE5.5 and up) and as far as I know, Opera doesn't, so that's why I don't use them.

I like coloured scroll bars because you could have the coolest looking site, with unique colors like yours, and then you have this big ugly greyish thing on the side, it really does not go with your site. And majority of people have IE 5.5 or 6.0 well at least the people that go to my site, so they will notice the difference. ANd why in the world have you not updated yours?

Your site is very cool though, don't get me wrong :)

Originally posted by guitarnerd
I like coloured scroll bars because you could have the coolest looking site, with unique colors like yours, and then you have this big ugly greyish thing on the side, it really does not go with your site. And majority of people have IE 5.5 or 6.0 well at least the people that go to my site, so they will notice the difference. ANd why in the world have you not updated yours?

Your site is very cool though, don't get me wrong :)

Why haven't I updated... Ummmm ... *shrugs* I don't know really. I've heard awful things about 6.0, and I'm quite content with 5.

But I shall look into it. :)

And tyie, I'm glad you like it. :D :eek:

Site: bittergirl
Content 0 1 2 [3] 4 5 NA
Graphics 0 1 2 3 [4] 5
Colours [0] 1 2 3 4 5
Layout 0 1 [2] 3 4 5

Total: 9/20 [45%]
Rating: C-
Comments/Suggestions/Verdict: EWW PINK!
I got a double-your-site PINK space to the right.. maybe u should center?

The splash page is there for ? I don't know, mabe get rid of it, or introduce a bigger image and make something of it.
The layout is good, but not the best I think you've done (can't remember what bg site I like the best tho :( )
Maybe center the page and make the left and top margin to 0 to get rid of the pink border around the main area.
No I-frames, so you managed to get by without them, I wish I could :)

Comments:
-Enter page? For what?
-Center the layout

Design: 86%
Graphics: 60%
Organised: 73%

Overall: 73% B

Back