• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I have dedicated window server creating problems....

ilmkidunya

our site is developed in dot net and it is hosted on a dedicated window server..
I wanted to install a forum in the sub domain but as I know that forum just can me install in linux hosting..
plz help me and tell me what to do....

If the forum only works on linux servers, I don't think you can put it on a Windows server. I'm guessing you're out of luck.

Perhaps the easiest resolution would be to get a small linux hosting account for your forum.

If php is installed on your windows server then any php based forum software can be run on it.
vbulletin , phpbb or YetAnOtherForum.NET can be install on your subdomain.

Just use an "A" record to point your subdomain (ex. forum.domain.com) to an IP where you've setup a Linux VPS.

I can not see a problem in installing any PHP based forum software and if its traffic is gonna be low you can also get a linux VPS for it as a member has already advised ..

Back