• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need closure...the best and worst story ever

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
Well about 3-4 summers ago I was camping at Shaver Lake with my Dad, step Mom, sister, and step cousin. We were going to be there for 1 week. So we had a great time. It was my first time hanging out with my step cousin and we would go around all day looking for places to cliff dive and cause trouble. About 3 days into the trip we met a couple guys that where doing the same thing. So now we had this group of about 7 guys.

So we needed to find some girls but it seems like there was a female drought that summer. Eventually, we saw the most beautiful girl at a campsite. She had blonde hair down to around her shoulders. She was skinny, but with some curves. She was wearing cut off short shorts, and a bikini top. Now at the time she was like a year and a half older. Let's just say she was insanely hot.

So after about 1 hour of us acting stupid trying to get her attention. She finaly comes over to us. We were to stupid to say anything to her. So she starts talking to us. Turns out, not only is she hot, she is a varsity cheerleader for her high school, she was single, she was pretty intelligent, and her name was April which is the month I was born.

So we are talking to her and slowly less of her attention is going towards the other guys, and more towards me. Now I wasn't even trying to impress this girl. I actually had prospects of possibly seeing another girl but we weren't together. After a while, April and I where talking directly to each other and ignoring everyone else. Hey who could blame me she was insanely hot.

So we all decide to start walking, and by now the sun was just about all the way down. So wew walk to the otherside of the campgrounds. Still it is just her and I talking to eachother. We keep getting closer and closer as we are walking.

Eventually our hands hit and we ended up holding hands. Unfortunatly we were walking in front of everyone. So the guys made stupid noises and comments. But they were just jealous. Consider the youngest one of the group got the girl.

Me being the stupid guy that I am eventually asked her "So uh, ya want to hook-up or something?" to me disbelief her response was yes. By now one of the guys needed to use the bathroom. So we all stop. At this time one of us (don't remember at the time) said "Want to ditch everybody?". So we did. Five minutes of fast walking down a dark road. We started to kiss. Now she was still wearing the shorts and a bikini top, but with a letterman jacket over her. So here I am basically in her jacket, making out with this fine girl after not even trying. Which later on led me to the conclusion that I probably only got this girl because I wasn't trying (isnt that how it works?).

So, after that I feel like I am dreaming. So we walk down to the lake. We told eachother about our selves what we like to do bla bla. It was really good conversation. Well we get to the lake and have a seat on a picnc bench. I have my arm around her and we talk a little more. Then we started kissing some more. It was some of the best kissing of my life. We kissed, and some other stuff happened which I won't get into, but for respect towards her I won't get into it. I will just say what we did wasn't much, it was how much we did it that was great and there was no sex at all.

So about 1 1/2 hours later, maybe even more, she says "I shouldn't be out too late". I said ok so we start to walk back to her camp ground.

About five minutes into the walk back (maybe a 10 minute walk from where we were. A forest ranger pulls up beside us and asks "Is your name April" she says "Yes" he then said "Your parents were looking for you I need to give you a ride back to camp.". So, we hug, get one more really good kiss and say "See you in the morning".

So, maybe the greatest day and night of my life just went by. I come back to camp, get some sleep. Wake up the next morning and here is what followed such a great day...

Me and my cousin walk over to her camp which was really clsoe to mine. We talk for like 2 minutes and she said she had got in trouble for being out so late and she might have to leave early. Then she tells us we better go her dad is coming. Then of course her Dad walks up and says to us "you boys better leave" in a kind, but stern voice (not in a super mean way) he almost sounded sympathetic, like he knew his daughter was so beautiful it was hard to leave. The rest of this day I would walk by the camp hoping to get a chance to chat with her and get her number or something. Hell, I don't think I ever got her last name. Everytime I saw her she was in tears. At least I think she was. I watched her from this big rock trying to see if I could get a chance to talk to her. Noooo, I didn't. I saw her drive away. My heart sunk realizing what a horrible thing it was that just happened.

The girl of my dreams just drove away. I wasn't even sure where she lived, what her last name was or anything.

So what I do know is...

Her name was April
She had to have surgery on her knee and it made her quit cheerleading
She lived in a city west of sacramento.
Her grandparents go to Shaver lake a lot
I think she said she lived in oroville or vacaville or something with a ville at the end, but am not sure.
She has one sister

I have thought about this girl every day for the past 3+ years. Over a thousand days that I have thought of her. I have tried everything from google searches, to classmates.com to find her. I actually found a couple prospects on classmates but don't have a gold membership.

Maybe one of you can help me. THey say you are 6 people away from knowing everyone in the world.

I am going to start posting this on forums everywhere. I don't know if she even cares, but I sure as hell do, and all I want is to talk to her one time and say "do you remember that night" and if not then that is enough closure for me. But damn. Anyone have advice on this subject???

Please help

That's a classical Hollywood movie storyline right there. I was under the impression that you had a girlfriend right now. Does she know about this? Not that it matters, your heart is where it is.

I do hope you find her, but be careful in your approach. The whole idea of tracking someone you don't even really know but feel for so much is inherently kind of creepy, but obviously I wasn't there, so I have no idea what kind of bond you guys actually had.

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you, whether you find her or not. Just know that your chances of finding her are slim, so don't get your hopes up too much.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
That's a classical Hollywood movie storyline right there. I was under the impression that you had a girlfriend right now. Does she know about this? Not that it matters, your heart is where it is.

I do hope you find her, but be careful in your approach. The whole idea of tracking someone you don't even really know but feel for so much is inherently kind of creepy, but obviously I wasn't there, so I have no idea what kind of bond you guys actually had.

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you, whether you find her or not. Just know that your chances of finding her are slim, so don't get your hopes up too much.

Yeah I completely agree. I do have a girlfriend. If I find this April I don't plan on just running off with her or something. I am sure she has some boyfriend or a leas has had a few the past couple years.

I have just been told that after 2 years you usually get over these types of things, and I haven't 3+ years later.

I will probably eventually become a member of class mates, but I told myself, since I have a girlfriend I am not going to spend $39 to go looking for another girl.

anyway keep the responses coming

Originally posted by guitarnerd
since I have a girlfriend I am not going to spend $39 to go looking for another girl.
pay that

I dunno if you love your current gf or just have a gf for the sake of having a gf, but try to find that april girl. I'm more then sure she's worth more then 39$ ;)

Maybe you'r right and after 2yrs she got over or has a bf, but you do too no (gf)? And maybe just like you she'd like to find you. Nobody knows, give it a try ;)

Summer camp girls are the best ;) I'll add here that I had a very similar situation. The only differences is that it was me that left before, it happened 5 years ago, and I have her phone # :)

$39 is a small price to pay for closure. I bet you waste $39 on much more useless things all the time. I say pay the money and get closure.

Dude, I have the utmost respect for you.

You know what these varsity cheerleaders dad's are like - concentrate on your school life and you can't date boys until your 16 blahblah, while many girls don't follow these rules.. if there dad finds out they will do anything in there power to stop it.

About this girl, don't give up hope yet. Just try follow every lead you can but I would recommend if you do get a strong one.. approach with care: 2 or 3 years does alot to somebody. She might have a long-term jock boyfriend who will kick your ---, she may have moved away or she may have had some emotional problems (close family died etc)

But, on your journey.. good luck man. :coolmusic

Yeah I am gonna do it. Register for classmates. Besides if I don't find her through there, there are still other things I can use it for and $39 is nothing for closure. I won't get my hopes up.

You know I probably would have found her if her name wasn't april cause whenever I do searches it returns things with the month april or whatever. Grrr

Still though keep posting I think talking about it helps too

Originally posted by Phyxisus
You didn't ask which school she chearleadered for?

I might have but I don't remember. The only reason why I am not sure on the city she lives in is because the first time I asked she said something and I didn't hear her. So I said What? and she said it again. I still didn't hear her so I didn't want to sound like a jack --- and say what again. I just remember it was sort of weird and I think it had a ville at the end but no sure. Like oroville vacaville or something

I've seen this movie before.

One day you will be working at a ski resort and some big shot millionare will buy it and the girl will turn out to be his daughter...

Sure, she'll have a pansy boyfriend who's in a wheelchair, but you'll find out who she is.

Don't worry, it's a good ending.

So far I have sent off 5 emails to prospects. No responses but I just sent them off an hour or two ago.

Since classmates is basically a scam though I am wondering. Do they require them to pay the $39 in order to read the email I sent? Or can they read it.

I will probably send around 20-30 emails out by the end of the weekend. Serious people. Ask your friends and tell your friends to ask there friends. There has to be somebody who knows her or something.

This reminds me of that movie serendipity (sp)

ROTFLMAO Out Cold? Ha Ha, I remember that movie. It's also in a way like that movie with Kiersten Dunst "Get Over It" or something...

Originally posted by Blank Verse
ROTFLMAO Out Cold? Ha Ha, I remember that movie. It's also in a way like that movie with Kiersten Dunst "Get Over It" or something...

I think I know what movie you're talking about. It had the guy that sings the thong song in it, right? HBO or Showtime was playing that a few months ago and I saw half of it.

If this is that movie, you're going to fall for your best friend's sister. You will get in a fight with him over it, but you will eventually get with her and he will be cool with it.

It's all good.

and your best friend is Colin Hanks...but you're a no talent hack who no one has ever heard of...yet even you have more clout than Sisqo.

Good luck, guitarnerd. You've got my sympathy and my best wishes.

I know i would want closure too. I have been in a similar situation, and i now the feeling. luckily i did reach a happy ending.

I hope you're able to do the same.

This is something to consider...make a website about this thing. Then, post a link to the website on the forums or whatever. And try to get people to link to it from blogs and whatnot.

Now, if you get enough people coming, there might be a few people out there who stumble across it, and might know the April.

Now, the website content would be somewhat sensitive. Try to make it as uncreepy as possible. You know, say that you remember having a great time with her, and you got along very well, so you just want to find her again and see what she's up to or something.

Anyways, good luck!

Didn't one of members of either the Backstreet Boys or Nsync make a movie around this same idea? I think he met the girl in a big city or something though? I remember seeing previews for something very similar.

That to me seems like a pretty creepy idea, but to knock down the willies level a bit, make it a small section of your normal site, and just promote it through there.

the easiest thing you could do (or could've done) was go to the camp.. and ask for a list of the campers. who knows if the camp s till exists now or would still have a list of the campers from 3-4 years ago, but they would if they're organized.. i guess it's worth a shot.

and, i'm sorry for being such a pessimist... but a hot varsity cheerleader falling for (as you put it, nothing special, i think..?)... it seems sorta suspicious. maybe she was desperate for a relationship or a guy at the time. that's the first thing i thought about. and why you out of the others? sometimes the innocent young ones (usually the youngest ones are innocents; can be manipulated easy, yadda yadda) would be more courteous (usually shyer) and less ----grab/rude than the older teenagers... but, hey, that's my thoughts--usually depressing and pessimistic. don't let it bring you down, eh.

Back