• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need closure...the best and worst story ever

Originally posted by stabme
the easiest thing you could do (or could've done) was go to the camp.. and ask for a list of the campers. who knows if the camp s till exists now or would still have a list of the campers from 3-4 years ago, but they would if they're organized.. i guess it's worth a shot.

and, i'm sorry for being such a pessimist... but a hot varsity cheerleader falling for (as you put it, nothing special, i think..?)... it seems sorta suspicious. maybe she was desperate for a relationship or a guy at the time. that's the first thing i thought about. and why you out of the others? sometimes the innocent young ones (usually the youngest ones are innocents; can be manipulated easy, yadda yadda) would be more courteous (usually shyer) and less ----grab/rude than the older teenagers... but, hey, that's my thoughts--usually depressing and pessimistic. don't let it bring you down, eh.

Who the hell are you? First of all, no organization of any kind are just going to log and make available a list of people who have been clients of that organization.

Second of all, you don't know guitarnerd. You have no right to say what he is and isn't capable of doing, and maybe this girl did legitimately like him. Sure, I don't know if the story if completely legit, but who is going to waste their time taking all these actions if none of it is actually true.

No, I can't say that I know him, sorry... that's why my post might not seem all too suiting and a little too subjective to generalization and my pessimistic doubts. However, I don't doubt him (I just forgot some details from his post while I was writing), his actions, the story, etc., and I think what he's doing is something only few brave dare to do. I just doubt or wonder the motives of the cheerleader, that's all.

I tend to look at all possible motives or outcomes toward a situation. It's not all bad to have a new perspective, although it could be a tad too dark. But anywho, I apologize.

Stabme is just jealous because he can't score a hot varsity cheerleader.

Besides, they aren't all after big shot quarterback football players.

I dated a varsity cheerleader last year and she was as far from the common stereotypes that people place upon cheerleaders as humanly possible.

You kids are so sensitive to everything. I doubt guitarnerd hates you, he has some different opinions, that's all. Let's be objective, people...

BIG NEWS!

Ok everyone just thought I would let you know...I may find this girl very very very soon!

My search continued on as it always has even after this thread died down and yesterday I had a huge breakthrough...

I remembered that I ordered a guitar amp from musicians friend the day before I left to go to Shaver Lake so I called musiciansfriend and asked them what date I ordered it on. They told me Jun 30 of 2000

I was kind of shocked, that means it has been over 4 years since this happens.

So today I called Camp Edison (the campground I stayed at) and told them that I was looking for some contact information of a friend that stayed in the campground next to me. After a lot of convincing she agreed to give me the information.

Well I looked at the map of the campground wrong so I gave her the wrong camp ground number. Meaning I got the wrong information. So I soon realized that after calling the number she gave me.

I called her back and she said she was very busy with making reservations and she has to close it all down to go back to the 2000 records but she took all my information and said she would get back to me asap. She seems nice and if I don't get a call back by 3:30pm today I will call again.

I still know there is a good chance I won't find her but this is a big breakthrough because now I can confirm the city she lived in, have a possible contact number, have a last name, which also means if I still can't find her after this since I remember her saying that they stay every year I can call and ask for more information for other dates that they stayed...a little stockerish but oh well...

Also I posted the whole story on my web page and have been trying to get it to index in google well but it is hard to get something to rank high when the main keyword is "April"

http://junebughunter.net/Default.asp?page=April

Last edited:
You should make a movie

"The hunt for April : The story of guitarnerd"

:p

Good luck there buddy :wink2:

What a complete invasion of privacy by both you and the campsite. :shame:

The campground shouldn't be disclosing such personal information, nor should you be asking for it.

I would of done the same thing

but then again im the immoral and unintelligent one around here :rolleyes2

Wojtek said:
I would of done the same thing

but then again im the immoral and unintelligent one around here :rolleyes2
Hardly :p

Any respectful business will not disclose customer information. Unless it is to the proper authorities.

jmiller said:
Hardly :p

Any respectful business will not disclose customer information. Unless it is to the proper authorities.

I really don't see how it is an invasion of privacy considering I personally knew this girl, I "hooked-up" with her. I am not asking for more information than is required in order to make contact with her, and I think under these circumstances it is ok, sure if I was saying I am putting together a mass spam mail list and I want her stuff that is ok but I have a logical and understandable reason.

jmiller said:

If this was a Utopian society, it would work that way. Is it? Hardly.

You can get tons of information about anything you want if you're smooth enough when it comes to talking and you know who to target.

For example...

Little over a month ago, I ordered a computer for friends of our family from a reputable and well known PC manufacturer, I would say they are a much more respected business than a summer camp in California. I did it at their house and they helped pick out the options and whatnot. Anyways, few days later they wanted me to make sure everything was going alright since it had not arrived at their house. All I remembered was their name of course, that I used a VISA, and the name of the town they live in. After calling a few times and getting male operators who are usually harder to get information out of, I finally got a female operator. Explained that I had ordered for them to her and gave her the facts I had and that I just wanted to check on the order she gave me a tracking number and everything.

Was I supposed to be able to aquire that information without an order number or any specific details? Nope.

But I still got it.

It would be nice if everything was perfect and proper... But it isn't.

Nick said:
If this was a Utopian society, it would work that way. Is it? Hardly.

You can get tons of information about anything you want if you're smooth enough when it comes to talking and you know who to target.

For example...

Little over a month ago, I ordered a computer for friends of our family from a reputable and well known PC manufacturer, I would say they are a much more respected business than a summer camp in California. I did it at their house and they helped pick out the options and whatnot. Anyways, few days later they wanted me to make sure everything was going alright since it had not arrived at their house. All I remembered was their name of course, that I used a VISA, and the name of the town they live in. After calling a few times and getting male operators who are usually harder to get information out of, I finally got a female operator. Explained that I had ordered for them to her and gave her the facts I had and that I just wanted to check on the order she gave me a tracking number and everything.

Was I supposed to be able to aquire that information without an order number or any specific details? Nope.

But I still got it.

It would be nice if everything was perfect and proper... But it isn't.

Tracking Numbers for items shipped are not private. I would say getting 4 year old information including phone numbers and last names is a little more private than a tracking number.

Just to clarify it was not a Summer Camp it was a resort type of place, you pay like $30 a night to have a little area where you can set up a tent or small rv to sleep in we stayed for a week.

Anyway this thread has nothing to do with privacy it is all about April and trying to find her nothing more.

This forum needs to stop getting hung up on little details and read. I guess from now on I have to be more specific than "everything".

She also gave me the complete address of their home (all I knew was the town/state) and she gave me the order number for the purchase.

Maybe I should have used the story when my friend needed me to pick up his transcript from the local community college and drop it off at our high school so he could get credit. Now I know for a fact that I shouldn't have been able to go in there without warning and not knowing any of the people working in that office and get copies of transcripts for SOMEONE ELSE.

The point was not the story, but that this illusion of privacy is nice but it's not as real as you think.

Back