• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I want to be a free web host

Fear_It

I want to become a free web host!

Thing is, I have i don't have any cash to pay anything myself, so I'd need something like a free reseller account or something that allows me to set up free hosting accounts etc...

I've probably got a little ahead of myself though

But is there any way that I'd be able to become a free webhost without having any money myself?

TheChatter

Well i want to have free host packages and paid packages so i can make some money :D you know that url that you just posted is that to get a host where i can sell free hosting packages and paid hosting packages?

TheChatter

Dose anyone know any so i can sell free hosting packages and paid packages cos then whe i get some money i can buy one myself :D

TheChatter

The co-branded free hosts are for you to provide free hosting and you get 50% of the ad space on members pages and in some cases I think you can also get a share when your members upgrade to pay hosting. So, you can earn money that way. There are no other free ways to start a free host.

Peo is right. If you really want to start your own free hosting and sell aswell the best way is to pay for a reseller account and then grow. You can get a decent reseller for around 20$/month to start off. You can put ads or sell some accounts to cover the costs and then upgrade.

Remember the main rule of any business... if you want profit you must invest. You can't get money out of thin air. (legally speaking ;) )

Ah right ok thanks you know where it says Web address to its site wouldn't i need to make a web site for it? or could i put a url to my forum?

TheChatter

decent reseller account

bogdana.org.. I wanted to know where can I get a "decent reseller account" for 20$/month?

Yesturday I saw a post by FrostyJohn for a pretty decent plan starting at $2/month.

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54131.

I (think) I will need a little more space, so mine would be around 36-40/year. Which is still pretty decent.. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Last edited:
Decent means for me .. a reseller with a good company, with a nice server (preferably a Dual Xeon or Opteron .. and not a Celeron or p4). The plans which frostyhost has are very nice and i recommend them if you want to do a free host.

Im abit stuck where it says Web address to its site on that site do i have to make a web site for it? or can i put in the url to my forum?

TheChatter

That form if for people offering co-branded hosting, not for people who are looking for this ... You'll have to choose one of the links in that page to use, those are the hosts offering co-branded services.

Back