• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

IE doesn't crash anymore!

LastActionHero

WBBMods.com
NLC
I installed IE service pack 2 yesterday and now whenever IE is about to crash a nifty little dialog box comes up which asks me whether I want to send a report to MS and whether I want to restart the browser or not? Saves me a lot of clicking around.

I think NS has this feature also (report back or something?). I always send the report back to MS . Let them know that IE crashes a lot :D

Nope. No personal info is sent. Only the memory dump, what the modules are loaded in memory and the error causing module and the OS installed.

I send reports sometimes since I have absolutely no true personal info stored on my computer anyways.

And yes, I have seen the boxes where they told me IE was going to shut down, and it only closes the window in which the error occured and not all IE windows, a new feature I must admit I love. :love:

That still doesn't even work right for me. I get those boxes sometmes too, but it still closes every window.

Now that you mentioned it, it does occasionally close all my windows instead of just one. But that only happened twice.

Or just use IE 5.01 SP1 on Windows 2000 with no patch.

It never crashes, so I don't have to deal with those windows anyway :p

Originally posted by LastActionHero
I suggest you upgrade to sp2 because sp1 has serious security issues.
Such as? :confused:

Umm... I think I can just go to Windows Update and all that stuff will be fixed without SP2? No? :confused:

Originally posted by Coolin
IE 5.01 SP1 is more secure than IE 5.5 SP1?

Wow, typical MS.

No! but IE 5.5 normal had less security issues than IE 5.5 sp1 :p

It's always useful to upgrade to service packs..all the know security issues are resolved. Run catchup on your system at catchup.com

For some reason, all MS service packs slow down my system and make it unstable.

Performance over security! ;)

Originally posted by Archbob
Ever since I formatted my HD, IE has never crashed.
Yep! When it comes to performance

Formatting > everything else (not including hardware upgrades)

I'm using WinME and using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5. I get a dialog box when it is gonna crash.

That is:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down:D

OR

Explorer.exe has caused a problem in DUNNOWHAT.dll

Yeah, it closes all my windows.:D

That's not a dialog box when it's going to crash, that's a dialog box after it already has crashed.

Anyone tried those crashprotect things?

Personally I think they're crap. Repairing the fixed program takes a longer time than just restarting the thing and usually results in a slower computer. I guess you may need it when working on projects and stuff though. It might help when it works at all.

Back