• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I'm in LOVE

hottweelz

b&
b&
With Google Desktop, use the "WebClips" Feature.
It automatically tells me about NEW THREADS on FWS without needing to visit FWS.

I'm using it on other forums too.

Your having an affair :eek2: I must check it out, do you have a URL HW, am lazy today :p.

Well, my browser never closes... I'd be more likely to see new threads here since I never see my desktop.

Unfortunately, I hate add-on programs like these and others that tell you "Such and such has been updated!" Basically its a remote access program.

Wow, any other software RSS feed reader does this too! Amazing! But you gotta love Google Desktop 'cause it's from Google. No, I don't have an irrational fear and hatred of Google Desktop...

I don't have an "irrational fear and hatred of Google Desktop", but it is quite weird. I mean, if this was from Yahoo, or from some other no-name company, would you trust it?

Google Desktop indexes your hard drive for "faster searching".

I actually do trust Google, but it seems a bit odd to do so.

notnamed said:
The new topics notification is just RSS, as far as I know.

How can it be RSS if it's just dynamic from the fact I visited the site? Google automatically knows the RSS feed?

Last edited:
I don't know how Google does it, but the topics list is available as an RSS feed, that can, as I pointed out earlier, be added to any other feed aggregator.

Back