• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I'm not breaking any rules?

This brings up my same question again... How can somebody abuse the reputation system when rep is based solely on opinion?

What are the grounds to be considered "abuse"? Too many -reps to +reps? We have to maintain a certain ratio???? If so, what is it?

Because opinion isn't the best base for rep. Look at some of the examples of how the rep system is being used.

Because opinion isn't the best base for rep.

What other base is there? There really is nothing else that you can base it on. Somebody either agrees or disagrees with your post. Either way, it's nothing more than somebody's personal opinion.

Look at some of the examples of how the rep system is being used.

I would if I could, but all I can see are the screen captures people have posted. And those are limited at best. This forum doesn't allow you to see WHO left the rep, only what the comment says.

I think what this boils down to is that you post the same ad thread every single week, cut and paste, no variation at all. You participate VERY little in the forum, if at all. This has probably gotten somebody pissed and they don't like your ads. If it's a big deal, just disable your rep or PM one of the admins and have them investigate if you feel you're being abused in some way.

I think what this boils down to is that you post the same ad thread every single week, cut and paste, no variation at all. You participate VERY little in the forum, if at all. This has probably gotten somebody pissed and they don't like your ads. If it's a big deal, just disable your rep or PM one of the admins and have them investigate if you feel you're being abused in some way.

I don't doubt what I see other people paste. For example:

"I hate vB4"

may be an opinion but it doesn't relate at all to any post.

Unfortunately my lack of activity relates to time. As much as I'd like to there isn't enough time to participate as I like in each forum I visit.

Either way I do agree with some points you raised.

PS: My wife liked your old Zomex mascot a lot more than your new one. She says the old robot was cute and the new one kinda sucks.

Thank your wife for her honestly.

It's was a bit of a gamble but hopefully it will pay off in the end, the mascot design started over a year ago but unfortunately the designer had some issues. I did dread changing it a bit.

Unfortunately my lack of activity relates to time. As much as I'd like to there isn't enough time to participate as I like in each forum I visit. ...

Actually, given your marketing style as "methodical" rather than a key part of an interaction plan, what is the worst that could happen if you disable moderation? (Does he lose all his marks so far, or do they "get parked"? Maybe at some other point of he gets a marketing assistant to work FWS he can turn it back on.)

If you disable rep, you just turn off the ability for anybody to see the pips under your username. It turns into one gray box. Folks can still rep you all they want, either + or - but it's just not visible. Rep can be turned back on at any time.

Back