• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

includes in php

Eclipse

1. Why deson't SSI work with php?
2. What's wrong with: include('/admin/test.php');

[Edited by Eclipse on 03-20-2001 at 07:44 AM]

Thank you for the thinking! :)
Unfortunatley it didn't help me this time. I'm running win-98 + pws + mysql + php.

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to include files with that setup!

I find it a bit strange that php doesn't support server-side includes, ssi.

PHP doesn't support server side includes because you need a .shtml extension to do it. That's why there is the include() function, only it doesn't work for you...which sucks =(.

The include function should work fine with absolute paths, I remember reading a tutorial that said that's how you do it. I just don't think it is going to work for him. You can try the full URL if you want...but, I doubt it will make any difference. I think include() just isn't going to work.

I've learned that the win 32 version of php doesn't support the standard include() funktion.

I finally manage to solve it this way:

<?
require("c:\Customers\WEB\Olai\www\admin\menu.php");
?>

Then I can just ask either what OS the server runs or what IP the server uses to have the same script run on both windows and unix.

Back