• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Installed Vista.. Monitor :o

agent smith

Hi,

I just upgraded to vista home premium. All was going brilliant. Then i had to download some updates. So off i went, restarted and the resolution got reset to 800 x 600..

My monitor is best viewed in 1280 by 1024 as said on the box of the monitor... This is what i used before the upgrade but now i can only go to 1024 by 768.

Everything os so fat and bulky, its horrible. Whenever i try 1280 by 1024 i get "Input cannot be supported" - the monitor says.

Seems like a video card driver issue possibly..i would check my manufactuer website to see if the have released drivers for Vista for that particular card.. Best of Luck!

[XH]Demetris;907452 said:
Seems like a video card driver issue possibly..i would check my manufactuer website to see if the have released drivers for Vista for that particular card.. Best of Luck!

I honestly have no idea which driver card i have.

Thnx

Honestly its probably another bug. Personally I don't think Vista was ready for release and that it should have waited.

As Johnson said just go back to XP. Its more stable in my mind. Or you could even go out and try linux if you feel like it.

yes just install xp and forget windows vista its a waste once everything about vista is concrete then upgrade with all updates :)

Windows vista was designed for certain GCards, therefore there is a very high chance that your GCard is not compatible with Vista.

Therefore, get a new GCard, get a new computer, or install XP.

My moneys on XP.

Been using Vista Business for a couple of months now, it works fine, honestly. It has disadvantages too, but that also counts for XP.

If your GFX card is nVidia, go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers.

My nV GCard on my main computer is incompatible with Vista, like so many more, even if you get the new drivers, you are locked, as the OP stated, at a stupid resolution.

It can't be 'incompatible' with Vista, nVidia has a universal driver, you might not get all the features but will most certainly get a resolution that your card is capable of.

Back