• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Internet Explorer 6

Well they're not Microsoft, the browser is the only thing they do (at least to my knowledge) so they need the dinero.

Sure, but when Netscape originally started, all they made was browsers as well, right? And they didn't implement any ads...

Wutever, Opera's not as feature rich as IE5+ (for now), so I'll be sticking with IE6 for a while.

The only thing I miss in Opera that is in IE is autocomplete. Besides that(and maybe CSS scrollbars), Opera is a lot better than IE. Right now I am using a little prog called NetCaptor, which uses the IE engine, but has tabs like Opera. Mostly I just use it because my regular IE doesn't show all the pictures on a page, but fro some reason NetCaptor works fine. It has some more extra features as well, and it's not ad-ware, it's freeware.

I don't like how in Opera everything's all cluttered and you can't really customize it as you can with IE.
http://www.dto.f2s.com/Duhh/fws.jpg
See how much space I saved for the actual content?

IE has always loaded all the images that can be loaded for me.

Yeah, it won't load iframes either. I have it selected in the options so it does, but...

Anyways, if you use a higher resolution than 800X600, there is still a lot of content area with Opera. It isn't very customizable though. This is because that ad must be shown, so they don't want people to cover it up with tool bars.

opera sucks on my pc!!!!!

i only get this much room for my pages...
- -
- -
-
- you get the idea -------------------------->
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Any smart person would turn off the toolbar and use the keyboard shortcuts, not only do they save more room, they are faster as well. I would also turn off the bar that shows all the active windows. Then you get even more space than that little picture LeX got.

BTW, LeX, how did you get that cool customization on your OS?

Yes it does. In fact, there's this feature only for Win2000, I think it's the transparent toolbar thingy. Looks cool, too bad I can't try it out for myself... :(

Originally posted by LeX
Yes it does. In fact, there's this feature only for Win2000, I think it's the transparent toolbar thingy. Looks cool, too bad I can't try it out for myself... :(
Is the transparent toolbar thing in the beta? I downloaded the non-beta version and I don't seem to see this option.

Originally posted by LeX
Well, maybe... anyways, there's nothing wrong with the beta as far as I know.
So does this mean that you are using the beta? Anyway, I'll go download it now.

Back