• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is host reliable?

I haven't heard of anyone using them myself but I personally suggest not using any hosts that offer unlimited space/bandwidth. Why?

Hosts that offer unlimited space and bandwidth have overloaded servers, way to many customers than their should be on one machine. This means that your site will be slow and have lots of down time.

I suggest a host that doesn't offer unlimited space/bandwidth. It will save you a huge headache in the future.

Cheers,

Steve Leggett
http://www.TowerHost.com - Hosting to Exceed
sales@towerhost.com

Last edited:
towerhost, I think you should edit your post. I'm not sure but I think that your post violates a rule of this forum. Check the rules to be sure. :)

edit : towerhost has edited his post...so ignore my post.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Fisherman
towerhost, I think you should edit your post. I'm not sure but I think that your post violates a rule of this forum. Check the rules to be sure. :)

Ok then, he'll promote unlimited hosts. :rolleyes:

Can't you see? Unlimited hosts are nothing but a fraud.

ahah

unlim hosts, i never said i was premoting them. I simply said that i might get a account, if you look at the hosting plans, there are accounts that are not unlimited. Also i have called the support, i have found that they are not unlimited, they do have a limit, but it is no where near the stopping point for me.:classic2: I was just wondering about the downtime on it, are they really 99.9 % up?:confused:

They don't say how much transfer they offer in the lowest package and they don't offer anything that special besides a static ip(which is only useful if you have a site that requires ssl)

eheh

Be sure to check the faq before you say anything. They have unmetered bandwidth, but they suggest bigger sites, using larger amounts of bandwidth, such as yahoo.com or something, should wait for the high bandwidth plan which is coming. So it seems, unmetered doesnt really mean unlimited, it probably means you are alowd to stretch the bandwidth to its limits (which isnt a good idea), but i like the uptime guarantee.

Also: if you recomend any hosting to me, make sure its unix/linux:biggrin2:

Re: eheh

Originally posted by Silent
Be sure to check the faq before you say anything. They have unmetered bandwidth, but they suggest bigger sites, using larger amounts of bandwidth, such as yahoo.com or something, should wait for the high bandwidth plan which is coming. So it seems, unmetered doesnt really mean unlimited, it probably means you are alowd to stretch the bandwidth to its limits (which isnt a good idea), but i like the uptime guarantee.

Also: if you recomend any hosting to me, make sure its unix/linux:biggrin2:

Please go read their terms of service......

From their TOS:

Utilization Limitations and / or Unlimited Storage
Featureprice's customers are privileged to be offered an unmonitored account in terms of bandwidth. This means Featureprice does not pro-actively monitor bandwidth usage of our customers. Featureprice's bandwidth policy is similiar to the common Laissez-Faire model in politics. Customers are entitiled to use as much bandwidth as necessary as long as they (a) do not harm other customers located on the same machine or on other machines of Featureprice's network and (b) do comply with all other terms & conditions. All domain / subdomains account do have a moderation throttelling utility applied to their throughput. This moderation throttelling utility measures the accounts usage based on averages derived from various server tasks and services such as average CPU utilization, FTP utilization, HTTP bandwidth utilization, Email utilization - et cetera. On basis of the meaningful average value the moderation throttelling software decides if a delay of an offending account is determinded to be necessary in order to assure 100% service uptime, reliability and performance for other websites of moderate usage on same machine. HTTP moderation is set to 171 million bits per hour (in numbers: 171,000,000 bits / hour), other limitations are determined depending on average usage of the server by all clients on same machine and hence depend. The hourly bandwidth throttling setting equals to a maximum of 15gb / month in data transfer that a hosted account can reach.

Featureprice does also offer unlimited storage with the Platinum Plan and 5,000 megabytes storage with the PREMIUM PLAN. The intention of Featureprice is to provide a large space to serve web documents, not an offsite storage area for electronic files. All your downloadable files or files stored on the server have to be available for download via a HTML document stored on the Internet in a publicly or privately accessible area. This policy does ONLY apply to websites who are considered to be abusing services - HTTP and disk space utilization in particular. It is NOT applicable to photo galleries, even if several hundred megabytes of web space are in use. PHOTO galleries and / or any kind of presentation websites are more than welcome to host on Featureprice and are only bound to above utilization policy. Web sites that are found to contain either/or no html documents, a large number of unlinked files are subject to warning, suspension or cancellation at the sole discretion of Featureprice management. If the amount of web space used is in no relation to the amount of images hosted (example: your web space usage is 4,000 megabytes, but your images and HTML pages only amount up to 50 megabytes), then Feature Price MAY remove files that cause a HDD fill-up issue at its own discretion.

Any customer who violates Featureprice's policies in abusing any policy will not necessarily be notified, in rare cases, Featureprice has to temporarily deactivate and / or turn off hosting accounts without prior notification and / or reason. If no action takes place on customer side for initiating reactivation of hosting account and stop abusive usage of service, hosting account will be terminated permanently without refund.

Do you really think such a host would be able to host Yahoo?
Come on, it just makes them sound good.
They would be dead in about .003 seconds if they received Yahoo's traffic.

Trust me, I've used an unlimited host before and I never will again. I'm just trying to help you out Silent, go read this:
http://www.unlimband.com/

Have you asked yourself why you need "unlimited" bandwidth and space? Unless you're running a warez site then you don't need it. How much actual space and bandwidth will your site use?

Most large sites use about 20 gigs a month - I mean sites with video, pictures and lots of html pages that receive a few thousand unique visitors/daily.

Steve Leggett
http://www.TowerHost.com - Hosting to Exceed
sales@towerhost.com

Originally posted by Daniel

Ok then, he'll promote unlimited hosts. :rolleyes:

Can't you see? Unlimited hosts are nothing but a fraud.

Daniel, you have quoted a post of mine and made a comment, but I believe that you didn't understand why I posted my initial post. Towerhost had made a promotion for his own business. So I called him to edit his post...which he did actually...if you look under his post you'll see when he edited it. So don't start flaming me without reason or because you didn't notice what I have just told you.

Fisherman is completely correct, I did edit my post and there was a misunderstanding. Thanks for clearing it up Fisherman :)

Originally posted by towerhost
Fisherman is completely correct, I did edit my post and there was a misunderstanding. Thanks for clearing it up Fisherman :)

Thanks towerhost for the confirmation. I really appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by long4net.com
If they said all unlimited, you should think about it carefully before you sign up.

If they say anything is unlimited (space/transfer) wise you shouldn't signup.

In reply

In reply to the person who was wondering why i need it... Well they say we are alowd to have 3rd level hosting. In other words i can host people. I dont feel like payin 99 dollars for a dedicated host i dont need. I decided to just try it out for the 30 day period and see how it goes. And also, i have read everyone of those unlimband.com things. I am aware that it doesnt exist, but i feel fine. You wanna know why? Because any other plan i go after here will give me much less space then i would recieve with this plan. But for the same price. Also 'Unmetered' bandwidth as they say in faq does not exist, and i guess you havent had much experience in media. I am a big producer of media. I work at least 6 hours a day on making some kind of video if not audio file. I would like to upload these files, but a 10 gig monthly transferr rate wont cut it. So i move to at least 15+. :bandit2:

thanks

Hey thanks guys for your feedback, ill check around, but im pretty sure im gonna try it for 30 days. If i dont like it, hey i get my money back. Hey it helps to try.:D

P.S.=Not many people in the free hosting thread like me, lol. I made a whole summary of free hosts, some guy wanted to know how good 10 free hosts were. So i told him, and everyone thought i was talking about every free host. Oh well. Thanks lots.

30 days might not be enough to test the host out. Especially if it's an unlimited host. It might be good for the first 30 days, who knows what will happen after that? :)

Eheh

Ha, you havent seen me in action. I got like a whole bunch of files to start uploading. I think it will be enough. Heh. Im a major media freak. Thats why i only choose special hosts.

Back