• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

is there a reson for this "no ads" crap?

rapmaster

has it occured to anyone that ever, and I repeat every host that has ever said no ads has gone flop, added ads or has just disappeared? Please! for the sake of FWS hosting, quit asking for no ads! It makes hosting unaffordable as event a T-1 cost $300 a month and no ads aint gona pay for that.

Originally posted by rapmaster
has it occured to anyone that ever, and I repeat every host that has ever said no ads has gone flop, added ads or has just disappeared? Please! for the sake of FWS hosting, quit asking for no ads! It makes hosting unaffordable as event a T-1 cost $300 a month and no ads aint gona pay for that.

Most free no ad hosts are run off a @home cable modem!! :confused2

Re: Re: is there a reson for this "no ads" crap?

Originally posted by Blizzard

Most free no ad hosts are run off a @home cable modem!! :confused2

u've noticed that too? humm lol, maybe these people should take a hint from me and just host themselves if their on a cable connection instead of trying to host tons of other people.

most cable connections are faster, its very very fast for one person...

Cables are enough to host 1 download site,,, you may see the speed and can know about the bandwith...

If it's true to get a T1 for $300 per month, for people with $100,000 income per year, they can do it for fun.

well I wish someone like me had that kind of money to spend, I'd setup a server with something like duel T-3's and tonz of other good stuff, then I wouldn't have to worry about adds. But how oftan do u see someone with $100,000 a year income open a hosting company?

has it occured to anyone that ever, and I repeat every host that has ever said no ads has gone flop, added ads or has just disappeared?

Has it ever occurred to you that you're just flat out wrong? :rolleyes:

90% of all free web hosts disappear within a year or so, and from my observations the no-ads ones may actually last longer than the ad-filled ones since they're more likely to make use of paid upgrades.

Free hosts without ads that have been going very nicely for several years:
Brinkster
liquid2k
freehost.nu
bootbox
Portland (despite being pathetic)
BarrysWorld

Then there are some others going fine where I'm not sure if they've been around as long, like 101h.com, 69megs and spacetowns.

Why should we quit asking for no ads. There is still free hosts without ads out there, harder bit is to find them, and I believe this forum is also here for change of knowledge about this sites, if someone find such host. It doesn't disturb me if users ask for no ads. hosting, it's natural that nobody wants put them volountarly on his site pages :D

Originally posted by ClyderMan
Why should we quit asking for no ads. There is still free hosts without ads out there, harder bit is to find them, and I believe this forum is also here for change of knowledge about this sites, if someone find such host. It doesn't disturb me if users ask for no ads. hosting, it's natural that nobody wants put them volountarly on his site pages :D

I agree with Clydeman on this issue

Originally posted by ClyderMan

no ads free host last longer if they have few users, once its posted here and everyone jumps on it, it will shut down in mere weeks

Re: Re: Re: is there a reson for this "no ads" crap?

Originally posted by Vegs

no ads free host last longer if they have few users, once its posted here and everyone jumps on it, it will shut down in mere weeks

That means FWS.NET is the NO-ADS WEB HOST KILLER
:eek: :eek:

so u mean to say, the more volume a no-ads host has, the quicker they die? Humm this makes being a host without ads quite unpractical because as soon as someone finds ur site ur doomed :p

Originally posted by Hoth

Free hosts without ads that have been going very nicely for several years:
Brinkster
liquid2k
freehost.nu
bootbox
Portland (despite being pathetic)
BarrysWorld

Has it ever occured to you that none of them are even decent? :)

Brinkster - OK, they've got ASP, but I don't need it. Also, they have SO many servers; it's amazing how they're staying alive! I would look forward to an ad-bombing from Brinkster

Liquid2k - Pathetic file manager, no CGI, no means of survival

Freehost.nu - 5 MB? :rolleyes: Plus, they have a pathetic layout with bad spelling on the very FRONT page. Are you sure you're talking about: http://www.freehost.nu ?

BootBox - NO ADS only for people who HAVE A DOMAIN!

Portland - I'm not even going to get started on this one...

Barry's World - Not bad, but they have a limit on the amount of files you can upload a day, I think.

I'M WITH HOTH! YOU'VE GOT IT BABY!
Guys, it's looong ago Internet advertising was a gold mine. It was a big, fat, blown up out of proportions balloon and it blew. If the host doesn't have any other means of income it's doomed. Let's face it - most private sites don't get that many hits anyway.

Re: Re: Re: is there a reson for this "no ads" crap?

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Has it ever occured to you that none of them are even decent? :)

Brinkster - OK, they've got ASP, but I don't need it. Also, they have SO many servers; it's amazing how they're staying alive! I would look forward to an ad-bombing from Brinkster

Liquid2k - Pathetic file manager, no CGI, no means of survival

Freehost.nu - 5 MB? :rolleyes: Plus, they have a pathetic layout with bad spelling on the very FRONT page. Are you sure you're talking about: http://www.freehost.nu ?

BootBox - NO ADS only for people who HAVE A DOMAIN!

Portland - I'm not even going to get started on this one...

Barry's World - Not bad, but they have a limit on the amount of files you can upload a day, I think.
it may be crap to you, but not for other people. I don't think freehost.nu and brinkster is that bad. Portland is okay for small sites like a one page personal homepage.

Now see, I dont know why anyone would open up an ad-free FWH. What's the point? Is your goal to create yourself the biggest headache in your life and some time of being purely miserable? It's enough of a headache when you DO have ads! What makes it so bad is the idiots who want to distribute warez and dont care if they kill the host.

I was finally forced to implement additional measures due to warez abuse. Stopped hotlinking, No directory file listings, and then I limited what types of files could be uploaded. Sorry, but an ad based host is hard enough, I just cant understand why anyone would start an ad-free host. Granted the ads dont pay, but what does get the bills paid is that people will pay a few bucks a year to increase their space and get those ads removed as well as be able to hotlink.

So some startup FWH's with the idea that ads dont pay so why have them....sorry, but yes, if you do it right they DO pay. Our free hosting definitly isnt the best(it's for newbies mostly), but it's big and has been around a long time and actually pays for itself...so we must be doing something right.

Last edited:
I remember maybe half a year ago you said that you mainly rotated ads for your paid service since banners paid so bad anyway. :confused:

Back