• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is this too good to be true???

Usually services that offer unlimited services in banwidth and space are not very good. It is impossible to offer unlimited anything because there has to be a limit somewhere!!

2 cents from me,
Zach

Zach... Yeah .. I agree with you.

When a host with UNLIMITED bw or space is a cheater.

Because they cannot provide you what they have promised as UNLIMITED bw or space doesn't exist.

And dealing with a cheater is dangerous...

Yeah, that´s why I´m wondering .....

I found that info on "Hostsearch.com", not sure if I can rely on this.

Anyways, I´d like to check em out but their page looks so......so......unprofessional, don´t ya think?

Also, their "unlimited" think sounds very suspicious...

All I have to say is: EWWWWWWWWW GROSS!

That website is ery unprofessional and just plain ugly. I wouldn't buy from a webhost who can't even make a nice webdesign! It seems ad if they were strapped for time when making it... I wonder why!? Cheaters!

Nah, just because their page is ugly doesn´t mean that they´re not serious, I know many business companies that are serious and have an equal trash design, and I don´t think that they´re cheaters cause then they wouldn´t be registered within big networks.

I mean if they´re really offering those packages since 1998? Hmmm.....still not sure what to think about em.

Originally posted by BiteTheBugByte
Originally posted by Cheap Bastard
why risk it, if there's so many other options...

can you name a few?

I think what most people are trying to convey to you is most providers that offer unlimited plans there is almost always a catch. Its been proven time and again on every host forum Ive ever visited, how people cannot understand *why* their account got terminated because they were on that unlimited plan? It is unethicaland uncalled for to advertise such a thing. Most of these companies that do this may have it somewhere in fine print just what their limits are. The problem with that is: Its usually AFTER the client signs up that they find out.
It might be best for you to post what type account you are looking for in the way of features...then get some responses.
Also you might try visitng http://www.hostsearch.com
and do a search. You are able to type what features you are looking for and it will do a search and return a list of providers that fit your criteria. Do some investigating on those returns, and narrow your search down even further.
Hope this helps!

Originally posted by Martie
Originally posted by BiteTheBugByte
Originally posted by Cheap Bastard
why risk it, if there's so many other options...

can you name a few?

I think what most people are trying to convey to you is most providers that offer unlimited plans there is almost always a catch. Its been proven time and again on every host forum Ive ever visited, how people cannot understand *why* their account got terminated because they were on that unlimited plan? It is unethicaland uncalled for to advertise such a thing. Most of these companies that do this may have it somewhere in fine print just what their limits are. The problem with that is: Its usually AFTER the client signs up that they find out.
It might be best for you to post what type account you are looking for in the way of features...then get some responses.
Also you might try visitng http://www.hostsearch.com
and do a search. You are able to type what features you are looking for and it will do a search and return a list of providers that fit your criteria. Do some investigating on those returns, and narrow your search down even further.
Hope this helps!

lol, well, if you would have read the whole post you´d see that I´ve found exactly this host through http://www.hostsearch.com , that´s why I´m wondering .... but okay, anyways, thanx for your reply ;)

If you look at the TOS, there's almost always a disclaimer... I'm tempted to say always, but there might be one out there that doesn't...

Anyway, this is from the 123InstantHosting TOS (instantwebsitedesign.net):

Bandwidth and Disk Space
InstantWebsiteDesign.net reserves the right to charge space and bandwidth to the top 5% of our resource consumer. Prices is $8.00/G per month transfer and $8.00/50Meg per month space for transfer and
space over limit. For unlimited space plan, only 150Meg of space in Unix and 300Meg in NT can be used for file downloading purpose. Your account will be terminated if you are found to be reselling space or
give away space and you will be charged at $8.00/50Meg and $8.00/G for all the spaces and traffic you have used..

haha... Maybe by the time they received so much money, they will just run away and start a new biz. And of couse, with **UNLIMITED** things as well. :p

RUN!!! RUN!!! RUN!!! from 123...

I just went through 48 hours of hell with 123 instantwebsitedesign.net. I ordered a FrontPage site, paying for a year to avoid the $19.99 setup- first of many mistakes. Only after ordering do you find out they don't give you an IP, only a subweb. Accepting that, I tried to access the server using FrontPage. Got the old "no extensions" error message. Wrote the webmaster (note- the phone number they list at HostSearch is non-working... of course I didn't find that out until much later when their email was bounced back from an over-quota Yahoo mailbox and I tried to call!), and asked for the extensions to be installed. He wrote back, stating the extensions were on, but I had to transfer the URL to his non-functioning (as far as I could tell...) server, claiming it is "well known" that you can't publish to an IP/subweb (which is pure BS- I have several IP only sites used for development.) I then sent him a URL where the site was on a subweb of an IP only server to prove he was wrong, and all he could do was say "this varies from host to host...". I was caught in a Catch-22- he claimed I had to transfer the URL to his server before I could publish to the server using FP (and the data result pages wouldn't work by FTPing the files). I couldn't transfer the URL until I had a working site on his server. I tried to explain this to him, but he wouldn’t listen or even acknowledge the issue.

To top it all off, he even started calling me names in subsequent emails.

Long story short- they never got me access to the server using FP, said they wouldn't give a full refund and directed me to the fine print- 35% of the monthly fees are kept, as is the $19.99 set up. I requested notification when they processed the refund, and am still waiting. I am filing with the credit card company, the Attorney General and the BBB. I have also alerted HostSearch that they have a non-working phone number listed. The webmaster even tried to bribe me into not posting negative reviews by offering a full refund if I wouldn't post any review, but I would rather waste the money and help others avoid this plague! (If you know of other places I can post warnings, please advise...)

BUYER BEWARE.

YOU GET WHAT OU PAY FOR!!!

[Edited by CRagsdell on 03-13-2001 at 05:32 PM]

Well, thanx for posting and I had a similar problem some months ago with a very popular webhost down here in germany.

Of course you´ve got every right to show the truth behind certain circumstances according to service, and the hosting maintainability. It´s very annoying that there´s no real chance to state the right position (talking about customer purposes) when it comes to such a situation.

In fact, when it comes to the billing option you never know where the buck stops.

Anyways, thx again for your statement.

Back