• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

It freezes

d-w host

My PC:

Intel Pentium 4, 3.2 GHz
120GB HD
128mb Radeon 9200 VGA
1GB RAM
Windows XP OS

The PC is fast alright, everything i run is pretty quick and fast, except one, which I use frequently,

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP

The screen freezes(hangs) lots of times when i'm using this program, and only this program.

Any ideas to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Darkwind

those are some very decent specs, it shouldnt freeze. Try repairing or re-installing photoshop.

I have a 1.69 GHz processor and 256 MB RAM.

PS runs just fine. It's something with the program. Just reinstall.

As Tree says try a reinstall - I've known some lib's from Adobe products to cause probs.

Also it can sometimes take some time to initialise. So don't be to quick to think it's not working. (making a coffee might not be out by the time the plug-in's are loaded).

I have reinstalled, uninstalled and installed a number of times but it doesn't seem to work. I tried v7, then CS, CS2. nothing worked.

Also, not on the loading screen but when I'm already using it.

:D

d-w host said:
I have reinstalled, uninstalled and installed a number of times but it doesn't seem to work. I tried v7, then CS, CS2. nothing worked.

Also, not on the loading screen but when I'm already using it.

:D

Do you happen to be running dreamweaver when ps is open cause it sometimes crashes when i run dreamweaver and ps at one go, maybe its my p3 850mhz pc that cant take load or maybe its some conflicts that adobe has :(

Ok, I think there is a problem with your Grapics Card. May be fault in the VGA Chips to stop video acceleration. Can you play 3D Games on your PC. Just try to see.

Then your last option is to increce Graphic Card performeance.....
"Do this at your own risk"
Go to Display Properties -> Go to the Settings Tab -> Click on the Advanced button -> Go to the Troubleshoot Tab and Make sure you hardware acceleration is set to Full. Ok every thing and restart. Undo it if it does not work.

Any 'EXTRAS' installed, toolbars, etc.

Just a thought but again Adobe stuff is a bit picky.

Leave out the system and the OS it's interaction.

Even if i ran the photoshop with no other programs opened, it will freeze in what, maybe 5 minutes after opening.

I can play 3D games with no problem at all.

Just the google and yahoo toolbars. But even when photoshop is the only program installed (on a fresh windows installation) it still freezes.

:sigh:

So it seems to a VGA chipset fault. You card is not giving your programs the full amount of Video Memory for serfaces.

But wait! Make sure your AGP apitue is set over 120MB in the BIOS. Once I bought a 32MB Video card... But it acted like it was a 16MB Video Card (Slow grapics for large programs) then I found out that my AGP apiture was set to 16MB so my 32MB Card was performing at 16MB. I changed it and everything was fast.

Back