• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I've seen the light...Dreamweaver!

jiminsd

I finally dug down in my pockets and bought Dreamweaver and Fireworks. Wow! I know there are other views but in my mind there is no second best.... It is definitly in a class by it self.

yeah if you have that kinda money but personally i like the old notepad.

Now the real challenge...learning all the features that they have to offer...I love them also, bought the whole Macromedia Web Studio last year for like $240 (Academic Discount)

It certainly helps, and makes things easier, but knowing some raw HTML sure is an asset. It enables you to extend dreamweaver even farther.

I don't know. Think it's a matter of how your brain works. For me a button heavy program like DW is more pain to learn than to do it myself. But I do believe it's the best of it's kind, from what I've seen of it.

Dreamweaver is very nice - I use it lots - all the javascript stuff is f****d though as it don't work with NS6 apart from the rollovers. but to get the best from it you need to be prepared to hand code stuff too.

I like fireworks it's nice though you'll need some other graphics programs to complement it. Why is it that tI have to have so many different programs to do a simple job???

well, it is a handy tool, but the html is creates holds too much rubbish code, so u need to know html to take some of the garbage out...

otherwise it takes a hell long time to load the page

dreamweaver writes pretty tight code - OK quite a lot of indenting but that makes it more readable

sure you aren't thinking of some pile of crap like that microshit thing f**kpage which really does make a pigs ear of something and creates html with the same skill as word.

you do need to rewrite some bits yes but on the whole it's pretty good

I use dreamweaver too. At first, it's kinda scarry. But after a while, when you know the main thing is at the bottom toolbar (I placed it at the top).

im use dreamweaver ultradev 4
Dreamweaver i realy a geat program first i didn't know how to use it but now i can use it with my eyes close

Never tried it

I'm a Textpad (excellent replacement for Notepad) user myself.

However, I have Adobe GoLive 5, which I use occasionally for basic design work. Great tool for figuring out the basic layout of a new site and such, and I have even chose to use the code it spits out on occasion when I'm lazy. The code it gives is pretty slick, though it overuses some unnecessary tags which I wouldn't normally bother with.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Dreamweaver, but I'm still gonna stick with Notepad.

Although, if any of you know of a program that works like notepad, but color codes different tags, checks for accidentally unclosed tags and quotation marks, and can automatically make my page source more "tidy" by doing stuff like indenting where necessary in tables, for example, I'd love to get my hands on that.

- Dry Ice CO2

I'm still saving for the Academic version of Dreamweaver... In those short bursts of 30 day trials I get sooooo much web desgin done! It's a true pleasure... although then it goes... :(

a friend told me he was once surfing and went to some site and it 'crashed' his demo and the clock just never ran out anymore :(

If you're talking about illegal cracking... no thanks. Although it dosen't sound like it... but how can you visit a site in Dreamweaver?

I tried the free 30 day run and then decided to buy it. I have noticed that the paid verision loads much quicker that the free one. It is probably the 30 day counting part of the program that slows down the load time.

Back